Need SR help... bad

Hello, i have a bit of a problem with my SR, i just did the swap over the winter and it was running perfect but i went to hook up my aftermarket tach and i thought that the signal wire came from one of the wires from the coil (didnt research). So i had the wire ran from the coil to behind my instrument cluster and i had the car running (duh) and the wire grounded out on the cluster and the car stalled. I have no spark at all, everything else seems fine but no spark. i have tried two ignitors and nothing. So i was wondering if somebody could help me that has another SR because i really dont know what to do??? i will pay if i have to. My car is in Alliston, it is south west of Barrie, if someone could write me back or give me a call at 905-456-9055, leave a message if no answer. Thanks alot.

Andrew

Hey your in Aliston? im in orangeville and im also doing the swap into my 93, we should meet up some time.

ya we should get together, maybe sometime soon… do you have a redtop or a black?

98 Blacktop, do you have MSN?

ya i do, well its my girlfriends…
flowergirl4474@hotmail.com

OT but I’ll be up in Alliston on Sat. coincidentally.

do you think you could help??
i added you to msn…

there must be someone out there that can help?? i dont mean to rush but my car hasn’t been running for like a month, and going from running perfect to not running over something stupid really sux…

maybe you fried your coil or blew a fuse?
check freshalloy forums, www.freshalloy.com
tachometer signals comes from wire on ecu btw, just strip a portion of the wire and solder or wrap it around and you should get a good signal

ya i found out how to hook up the tach after i screwed up LOL, but i have checked everyhing i can, i need someone to actually come and give me a hand, it may be asking too much but i have no choice

Check the fuses first, hopefuly that’s it, if not my guess is that you fried the ECU…

-Martin.

After reading this again it seems most likely that it’s a fuse. It can’t be the coil, because there are 4 of them and you’d have a real problem frying them all at once, besides it would run on 3 if you fried one. Do you know that the other igniter you tired is good? Fuses… check the fuses, both drivers kick panel and under the hood in the relay box by the battery.

-Martin.

Completely off topic but I’m originally from Alliston and living back there for the summer too. Had no idea there was a SR swapped 240 around, since I’ve only seen one or two in the area anyway. Hope you get this fixed, it would be great to see you on the road!

-Steve

I was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get an ecu? just to see if thats the problem. Anywhere around the city? or if anyone has a spare redtop ecu they could lend me, i could leave a deposit or something?
thanks

you are very close to cp racing, they have sr motors and shit, call them and see if you can borrow an ecu

farmer

where exactly is cp racing