Sr Not Firing On 1 & 4

Alright, I started the car after getting my SR swap near completion, there is new fuel, new oil and new spark plugs in the motor. I noticed it was not running correctly, Not firing on #1, 4 cylinders, I changed the coil packs around and it ran the same, I tried unplugging the injectors one at a time, ran the same, the engine will run with #1,4 injectors unplugged, and the coils off of the plugs. I cut open my harness and fallowed everything back to the ECU, Everything looks correct. A few ground wires were kinda shitty so I re-soldered them, and made sure I had good grounds. I am going to run the ecu in diagnostic mode tomorrow and see if I get any codes.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

You have the wrong ECU for your harness. If its a redtop you should have a 62 not an E5.

check for spark in 1&4 and listen for injectors clicking

if you have spark + fuel then your ignition timing is backwards between the two for some odd reason (most def wiring)

if you have no spark, or no fuel… well then find out where the problem is

injectors must have 12v+ on one side obviously, if they have that then check that the ecu trigger wire isn’t damaged to test resistence between injector and ecu for each wire. if still no fuel then swap injectors around

if no spark then check you coils are getting power and ground, if they are and still no dice then good luck thats hard

Hurricane is probablly right.

What happens when you give throttle? Does your motor actually respond?

Difference between 62/J4 and E5 ECU is about 4-pins and they all relate to
CAS #2,3,4 and Throttle.

These pins are mixed around on the two ECUs. It’s a matter of re-pinning
the appropriate wires.

I do have the correct ECU 62, when I ran diagnostics mode, I got codes 43, 21 (TPS and Ignition Signal) Now I know the TPS is because the plug was in very bad shape with the signal wire being frayed right through, I have since put a new plug on and all wires are correct. I printed out the pin layout for the 63 ecu and I am in the middle of checking over all the wires again.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jim

it is the wiring.

Yup… you have the wrong harness for your ECU. Get an ECU pinout and trace the wires up to see where they are / should go.