Help

What program do i need to remote to my home pc?

Also, i assume i would need my ip address?

Thanks
Kevinvnivnviivnin

logmein.com

there is bunch more but this is the best one i have used

Umm use like no ip or another dynamic DNS service…just enable port forwarding on your router(poer 3389 for RDP) and enable remote desktop…

ok thanks

I should note you need XP Pro and not home…

Bingo. Quality program. I use it for my family and friends too so when they call me telling me they borked their PC I can remote to it and fix it from the comfort of my couch.

lol i just want to DL shit i find at work but cant since this connection is slow

I like logmein.com if I am on a dynamic IP address through TW (Mostly all homes)

The IP doesn’t matter that way. Logmein is installed on the home computer, and you log in through the website. Easy and no router experience necessary.

and u can run programs and shit with it?

Logmein
RealVNC
TightVNC

And several others which allow control via a web-browser. Logmein is probably the simplest.

i wish i could have been there to solve your technical queries AGAIN mate :stuck_out_tongue:

I just use Windows Remote Desktop.

Setup the port forwarding in your router for any traffic coming in on port 3389, probably under the heading “Applications and Gaming” or something similar.

My IP address with Time Warner has changed once in the last 2 years, and that was when they made a big change from Adelphia hardware to TW hardware.

When I need to log into someone’s computer to help them troubleshoot remotely I use www.teamviewer.com It’s free, and I’m yet to see it get blocked by a firewall.

yup.

Logmein FTW

edit: no sound support with the free version though

Logmein is nice, however did not play nicely with my Mac so I ditched it.

YOU CANT USE REMOTE DESKTOP ON A XP HOME/VISTA HOME COMPUTER!!

i dont have xp home nor vista

did you try logmein?

or vista business, or ultimate (not premium :bloat: )

if not, use VNC

We use it for remote machines outside of our network all the time. It works great and totally secure.

lol not yet, i will tonight

thx all