Remote Desktop -- Help??

WTF I had to recommend buying these computers with XP Home instead of XP Pro, and now I can’t use Windows Remote Desktop – WTF. Guess I should have though about that… :bloated:

Anyway – Is there any way to incorporate the HOST features of Remote Desktop into Home edition?? Third party or otherwise, doesn’t have to be an M$ application…

Help??

i use vmware…should have called me ass

www.Hamachi.cc ?? Maybe that might help. Not sure though, I haven’t tried it yet.

you at home?

you can download the remote desktop client from the microsoft website.

:funny:

i need host software though… the client side is built into home, just not the hosting capability…

pc anywhere. that follow me to my pc software.

citrix if you have deep pockets.

ill ask it here they might be able to do something for ya.

EDIT:

your sol man. sorry. 3rd party software is your only option or upgrade to pro or downgrade to 2000

I use VNC

PCanywhere is the slowest, most bandwith intesive remote desktop software out there.

That said, it is also the most secure…

VNC gets my vote tho

With VNC its super easy too. I’ve been too lazy to open up my new router to see it from work, but I’ll get there someday…

VNC!! that’s the one i used to use for xbconnect… i couldn’t think of it.

i’m dling “multi user desktop 2004” right now, but i’ll search for vnc, that was a nice small easy program.

Mike seems a little challenged with pc anywhere.

very small and very easy.

yeah :cry:

anyway – dling real vnc from torrentspy, full version :wiggle:

thanks guys!! :slight_smile: karma for all!!

lol you fag

realVNC is free

^^ only the wimpy, non-secure, can’t adjust the size of the screen version. :wink:

i got that reeeeal shit. :slight_smile: thanks again.

VNC is not encrypted, so don’t use that unless you don’t care about security. Upgrade to XP Pro or use PCA. PCA isn’t slow at all. It’s optimized to be used over 56K.

ROFL oh that was great

oh, it’s slow :slight_smile:

yeah i’m not all-too-concerned about security, but it does say that the connection is encrypted when it opens. it makes you wait while it generates random data and shit. like i said this is the full version. :wink: :eekdance: