Heres something you don't see too often.(F-body)

For all my f-body homies.

Just pulled it out of storage and washed it today, were starting to restore it.

Can anyone guess what it is and how much it’s worth completed??

-Sobo

SD?

69 bird

1969 Trans Am HO, Ram air. Matching numbers, 1 owner, documented.

$250k or so when completed.

I don’t really know much about it but that is what I was told.

We just sold a Yenko Camaro for $190k.

I wish muscle cars were still affordable, I would love a Nice 69 maro or a Cuda, but I doubt I will be able to afford them when it comes time to buy a fun car.

Buy an LS1 for like 10k and beat the shit out of it. I’m sure you’ll have just as much fun if not more.

They technically are affordable right now. What I mean is they are just about as low as you will ever see them priced right now. Every major auction place around is taking the hit. $100,000 cars from 2 years ago are bidding up to $75,000 now, if that. Someone just posted that local '67 Camaro SS for $9000. Go get a loan, that car will double in value in 5 or 6 years, easy. The deals are out there if you look. People are losing their jobs left and right. People are selling their toys to pay their mortgages. Take advantage of it while you can.

$250K???

Tell him I said good luck with that. It would have to have a 400 RAIV, original/unrestored, low-mileage, owned by John DeLorean to command that kind of money.

Here is a gorgeous '69 TA convertible 1 of 8, with a buy it now of $57,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1969-PONTIAC-FIREBIRD-CONVERTIBLE-TRANS-AM-RARE-1OF8_W0QQitemZ260366700234QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item260366700234&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-1|39%3A1|240%3A1308

This car is like one of 169… But whatever haha IDK much about it to be honest.

It could be something different.

Could also be the fact that there are 400 miles on this were as there are 72000 on the one you posted.

eh if you monitor the dupont registry and all the main auction houses, the mileage isn’t relevant enough for a ~$200,000 difference

That’s a recreation. He even states so. I’m not positive on the number, but I think he was right that there were 8 vert Trans Ams made.

As for Sobo’s that looks pretty clean. You won’t be able to get Barrett Jackson money, but there are some Pontiac purists out there that would kill for that car too if done right. But don’t plan your retirement on it. Especially with the current market. Good to just hold on to them for now unless you really have to sell. COPO Camaros, now that is a whole differnt story. Collectors will scoop those up in a heartbeat. They are one of the most desired collector cars you can get.

THIS ORIGINAL 1969 PONTIAC FIREBIRD V-8 CONVERTIBLE WAS CONVERTED TO ONE OF THE RAREST PONTIACS EVER PRODUCED. ONLY 8 REAL TRANS AM WERE PRODUCED. I PERSONALLY SOLD ONE OF THE ORIGINAL 2 YEARS AGO FOR OVER $250,000. THIS 69 FIREBIRD HAD A COMPLETE BODY OFF RESTORATION WITH ALL NEW SHEET METAL, CHROME, FRONT FLOORS, TOP, INTERIOR, TIRES, BRAKES, THE CAR IS VERY STRAIGHT AND LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL RARE 69 TRANS AM. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DRIVE A CAR PEOPLE RARELY SEE FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE OF THE REAL CAR.

Yeah… def not a real one but still a sexy car.

wow looks like a nice car. Do you have the original engine, is it a RAIII or IV car? I have both heads castings for a at or mt, trans for that car. Blocks too I believe. I don’t think the HO option was on a TA, RAIII was std RAIV was the upgrade. The only HO package was the 350 HO on the firebirds only.

LOL at that Ebay listing, this paint on everything, and parts for that price. Its getting stupid all the clones, I was at the TA nats one year, and there was something like 5-6 guys with 69TA convertibles claiming to be legit. Of the 8 made, if you look into those a few years ago. Claiming to be legit I recall some guys cars were claiming the same vin :ham:

It’s RAIV, 400 CID.

Which was an option over the RAIII GTO engine. This car was one of 689, then you factor in its got the RAIV 400 CID package which makes it even rarer.

I’ll buy the bird for $3,000 cash. :slight_smile:

j/k (unless you seriously would).
But I’d like to see updates on this resto.

Haha I’m sure we got something that could fit your budget Joe.

We got plenty of 1st gen F-bodys, 2 gen f-bodys, Jeep wranglers, and plenty of Pontiac performance parts. We specialize in all that is man at route 16 auto :slight_smile:

We will start doing more over time but slow and steady is how we’ve been working. We’re waiting for the snow leading to the paint bay to go away and for the ground to harden.

The other garage has a monte carlo (Shitty 2000) that we just replaced a quarter panel on, and are just waiting for it to dry(The paint that is)

cool, round port. Any engine pics. Do you have the steel RA pans? did the car have the mesh screen airfilter?

What will you be doing with the 69?You are 100% positive that it is a Real T/A?A few details above are really unclear.
This being one of my ultimate cars to own one day has my attention peaked.You say above that it has 400 miles on it compared to the one with 72,000.Well where are the stripes and why do you have to restore it?Also why is the front missing pieces?
Is this car worth $250K restored?Not a chance.If it is matching #'s it could pull 100K if it is PERFECT.
If they are interested in selling it as is and they have PHS and other things to prove it is what it’s supposed to be,lmk.
Keep us posted as well

So post 'em up. At least the 1st and 2nd gen.

100% positive its a real TA.

Original owner bought it and disassembled it. It’s not my car that’s why I’m vague on details.

It just got repainted… So the stripes will be re-added soon. The entire front end of the car is in the garage… It is matching numbers as well.

And my bad… It’s actually a 400 CID Ram air III.

Here are some rarities.

8 Ram air heads

Big 12 bolt rear end(not the common ones used on Newer F-bodys)