Hesitation

My 180 w/ a CA is hesitating when I start building boost, it seems to almost drop off at around 2900 rpm then wham! at 3100 rpm its like some kicked you in then ass. Its really wierd, and it seems to do it no matter what throttle position im in(WOT or just creeping) It did it real bad when it was cold outside, but is a little better now. And I dont know if these are related, but im gettim horrible fuel economy, and it idles a little rough(hunts between 900rpm and like 650rpm).

The car is stock, even stock airbox. Ive changed plugs, fuel filter, air filter, only run 91 gas, have ran a bottle of fuel system cleaner through(seems to help mileage on that tank only) and changed my oil, coolant and thermostat.

So hopefully you guys can help me, I’m thining maybe vacuum leaks but I cant hear anything. Possibly compressor surge. Maybe even spark gap too. Im at 1.1mm I beleive.

Thanks for any help.

Hmmmmm

I would check a couple things
1-vacuum leaks
2- timing
3- boost leaks
but most important gap your plugs to .35 to .28. your gap is WAY to high.

Could the throttle cable be loose? Would explain terrible gas mileage and stuff!

Throttle cable loose? I’ve never heard of anything like that effecting economy. I dont think its loose, throttle responce is there. It only hesitates as its entering boost. But I will chack that as well. Would plug gap effect mileage that much too? or the wrong heat range maybe?Also how would i got about testing my O2 sensor, do i need to hook the car up to a data logger or is there a voltage, or resistance i can check?

OK. well today i was driving, and when I started the car and was letting it warm up it just started shuddering. It did that for about a min then it went away. the rpms didnt change while it was doing that. Then driving, every time on idle it would drop down to like 500rpm, then finally it stalled, like it choked itself off. I got it home, but it still does it. I havent checked my plugs or replaced vacuum lines yet(thats tomorrow) but im scared the car is going to strand me. I NEED HELP PLS