TPS or Timing ?

Hey all you SR guys out there… I just finished my swap up and everything seems to be awesome.

My cas was still set from the Factory and had the sticker still on/over the bolts so I never touched it. I did the install/wiring myself and the car started right up 1st turn. I let the car sit for a while and the ECU do its thing.

Took it for a ride… all seemed fine.

I’m driving it now and its hesitating a bit at times… 1st gear 2500-3500rpm the odd odd time it hesistates then its fine. 2nd gear all the time 3500-4100rpm it will hesistate slightly as well. Does it right around 4000rpm in 3rd gear as well.

The hesitation passes depending on gear/throttle in a split second - 2 seconds max?

Not sure whether it may be a timing issue or the TPS as it does change slightly and is different per gear or comes on at different rpm ranges ?

Any help is much appreciated!

I’m going to set timing tomorrow according to the FMS/Phase 2 and install my Walbro “i doubt the stock pump is the cause unless its already, ready to fail?” and then see if the hesitation is there.

Thanks

Jeff

like i mentioned on msn to you, just reposting it here in case someone searches for something similar.

Unplug TPS, if the problem is still there, ít may be different feeling but will still not be right, then its not the TPS.

So check you timing 8)

OKAY…

I set the timing and all was well there. 15 degrees.

I unplugged the TPS and it seemed a bit worse “more of a rough/harsh idle” power cam on a bit slower ?

I turned the cas a tiny bit to about 17 degrees and she went a bit smoother… Now on my way home from work @ idle it didnt seem to like it @ 17 degrees so I went back to 15 and idle smoothed out to normal.

My hesitation is still there but ONLY when boost hits… making me believe its my fuel pump crapping out since I lost parts of the sending unit yesterday and had to repair it today…

Anyone with a SR20 under boost got problems with their stock fuel pump?

If the hesitation is only under boost it could be a vacuum leak as well.

You should actually check your TPS and insure it is running to spec. Also
check your MAFS voltage and O2 sensor to make sure they are working
correctly.

Make sure you use the proper procedure to set your timing.

I’m still new to alot of this… How do I go about checking my MAF voltage and O2 sensor to make sure each are work proper.

And how do I test/ensure my TPS is good/working proper ?

Any help is awesome.

thanks

Jeff