Hey HUGE NERDS. Help me pick out a laptop.

Yeah so since i never use my desktop anymore im gonna sell that and some other BS i got layin around and im gonna start looking to get a sweet laptop. :tup:

I really dont want to spend a ton, but i am willing to spend a bit more to get somethign sweet. I am unsure what specs i want, but here is what i want it to be used for:

Basic School shit/internet, datalogging my cobra, video editing (i have onyx’s old camcorder and i want something that will run big software apps well), photoshop, adobe premier, etc, some gaming power would be nice but not totally necessary. :slight_smile:

Also needs to have a good size HD nice burner, dvd burner would be nice too but not a necessity, oh and firewire port. (Im assuming they all come with em nowadays) Basically just an all around kick ass machine that i can do whatever with, and it wont have to struggle to more then one thing at a time like my old pos I am on now. :gay:

I am leaning towards a sony vaio because that would make working with my sony camcorder alot easier, but if you guys have any suggestions or even possibly any hookups let me know, because i havent really paid attention to whats thte latest and greatest in computer land, but i want something nice and not too expensive that will last me for say 5 years no problem doing what i want to do.

Anyone that could help me, i will make it worth your while :suckoff: Thanks!

IBM Think pad or toshiba. dont buy a sony there over priced POS. just paying for a name w/ a lil cool package. the new macs are pretty bad ass 2. but you probally dont like macs. also make sure to get a centrino.

Get me up to speed here. What’s centrino? New processor from intel? I havent paid any attention to any of this shit since Pentium 4 came out and was the hot shit :smiley:

omg…fuck sony man, overpriced.

get a hp/compaq or toshiba, IBM is expencive also.

Centrino is intels laptop chip, it runs cooler and stuff like that.

We use hps here at work and they run rock solid, very nice laptops, but pricy at 1300.00

I like the dell xps i would suggest checking out that. I also love my toshiba which i will be selling within the next few weeks. if your interested in a nice used one that was taken care of let me know. ill pm u some specs

I have discounts at Dell lemme know if you want a DUO ugggghhhhh

well the dell is a bit more than he wants to spend i think. Especially the XPS line, no doubt great laptops tho.

i would personally go for a toshiba, they are very nice laptops and have tons of options and stuff.

EDIT: i dont know how computer savvy you are, but if ur looking to do video editing and whatnot, you may wanna look into a new intel based mac. mac has the best software for editing pics and video. you can also go ahead and download the boot camp disks and dual boot windows for doing other things that you would need to do. i would do that and of course get a dual core processor :slight_smile:

I like my Dell

Dell 700m, i love it, its small and light

she’s a looker too.

Let’s just say, I bought my sis a laptop…

it was priced out at 2700 without tax or shipping

I paid 1700 total

^^^ interesting. i am going to be getting a dell xps soon, any chance on a hookup?

Howie FTMFW :tup: I will talk to you on AIM dood. Sounds liek a gude deal :tup:

get a mac…ebay has a ton of the g4 ibooks…pricy but in the long run it will outlast anything else and will work great will all electronics…and the software on it lets you edit movies no need for anything extra.

the only downside is the lack online gaming or any gaming for that matter :gotme:

Yeah I dunno the new mac stuff is nice but ive never owned one and i dont think i wanna make the change over right about now. :gotme:

this is my first mac…and it was hard at first. i’ve had it over a year and i don’t think i’ll ever go back. its great because it has all the drivers built in so i can plug in anyone’s camera and upload pics, any video cam and edit everything really easily.

also the lack of virus’ made for mac’s would be a selling point…i don’t have to run adware or antivirus programs…or PAY for them…which is a reason why my dad is switching over…with his subscriptions for that stuff plus the price of his HP he could have bought an imac.

i have/had a toshiba laptop and we have two gateway laptops and a dell, the toshiba is the nicest. the dell is ugly, slow and ghey.

I’ll post some deals if i find them

but if you want something thats not outragiously over priced don’t go with a mac… way too much money for not that much more performance

E-mail being sent soon.

Inspiron XPS M1710 Qty 1
Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price $2,840.00
Catalog Number: 5
Module Description Show Details
XPS M1710 Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
Video Card 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
Hard Drive 80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Sound Options Integrated Audio
Wireless Networking Cards Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Primary Battery 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 3 Yr Ltd Warranty, 3 Yr Mail-in Service, and 3 Yr HW Warranty Support
Dial-Up Internet Access No ISP Requested
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected

TOTAL:$2,840.00

We’ll see what my discount is.

BTW, that’s before shipping and tax

Inspiron 9400 Qty 1
Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price $2,411.00
Catalog Number: 5
Module Description Show Details
Inspiron 9400 Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory
Hard Drive 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Sound Options Integrated Audio
Wireless Networking Cards Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Primary Battery 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 3 Yr Ltd Warranty, 3 Yr Mail-in Service, and 3 Yr HW Warranty Support
Dial-Up Internet Access No ISP requested
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected
Operating System Re-Installation CD Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition re-installation CD
Purchase Intent Purchase is not intended for resale.

TOTAL:$2,411.00

Not my discounted price.

Also before shipping and tax. I’d probably go with this one.