HICAS on 240sx

hey im new to suspension theory.
when im doing some research , i found out the word"HICAS"
can somebody “specifically” explain what does this do?
and is it on USDM 97S14 LE??
bring ur ideas guys

thanks in advance:)

Rear wheels turn a couple degrees when ur turning. Personally I think it’s good. I’ve driven a 240 with one and I could take on ramps amazingly.(when it works) Then I took it off for drifting and the high speed turns weren’t up to par.

Your lucky I got to you first most people will just tell you to click search, there is tons of posts about it.

for north america, HICAS was only available on the hatchback…

I think it was optional on JDM S14’s… i think

There are pros and cons about the HICAS system. You will know you have a HICAS system when you drive over a rough road. One of the cons is that the back end starts to move around on you. You really have to hold onto the steering wheel and constantly correct the car. Feels like an animal. Love it.
As well people tell me that the HICAS is bad for drifting. Funny thing is I never had problems drifting my HICAS car.

The pro about it is that like what Iro said. It’s a lot of fun around coroners. You feel like the car is just about to slide then the little bitch holds it. It is such a blast.

But sorry I cant tell you if your car has it or not.
The best way to find out is to look under the rear of the car. Right behind the differential there might be something that looks like a steering rack. If you don’t know what that looks like its a tube looking thing with some thick lines going into it.

A dead giveaway is the rear tie rods.

Yes i love the Hicas on my car as well. If you cant find those ^ lol look for high pressure oil lines beside the gas lines, they are much thicker

I hate hicas very much so.
If you want more suspension theory read “tune to win” very very good way to gain your smarts.

I could see Hicas being pretty cool if you could tune it with an ECU

toe out on turn in at low speed, toe in on throttle, zero toe at high speed, toe in on throttle at high speed

sickkk

I hate HICAS, its heavy, it makes weird noises, it always stops working, it takes up a large part of my engine bay. Its just more a problem then helpful. It turns the rear wheels 2 degrees at most, when making a turn at 80 km/hr (i believe). Its gay.

that would be pretty sick :smiley: and instead of hydraulic lines maybe electric instead?

It’s fun to have, but I personally don’t like it. Just going to remove all the lines + pump and replace the subframe with a non-hicas one.