Hicas...?

Im just wondering, should i get rid of hicas from my car or no? Not too familiar with it, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Hicas?

i have it on my car, and after driving with it for a while i am definetly getting rid of it. if you take corners too quickly with it, the back steer will over compensate and swing your car in ways you are not expecting. adds lots of weight to your car. gets knocked out of align really easy. i just dont like it.

thats just me though

It becomes a hassle when it leaks…seeing as how its a high pressure line you cant just stick some rubber hosing on, and hope for the best.

Drifting on it takes its toll. I’ve blown my solenoids on it and it no longer works, I can assure that, however, there is some play which is 1. unpredictable, and 2. annoying.

If you don’t want it…get rid of it. If you don’t care for it much and won’t be beating it sideways, either one works.

If you wanna drift disable it. if you wanna just street drive keep it,it wokrs well…but overall for any kind of racing time attack its really out-dated. ide get rid if it if you plan on doing that.

Thanks alot, i’ve decided to get rid of it after reading up on it. besides because of the hicas on my car i gotta order tie rods from nissan in order to get it safety,

oo btw my car needs 4 tie rods, 4 wheel bearings and 4 new tires,in order to pass safety. the place i took it too asked for 1700 for safety, ya think thats a good price or they ripping me off? they said i gotta order the parts from nissan.

find a part out or buy aftermarket , you do not have to have all oem stuff to pass safety

i have some hicas cancel bars coming in if you need

HEY Can’t you get a Conditional pass if repairs are over $400 …or is that for Emissions test only?

u should consider 5 bolt

In my experience, when i first got my car and considered tracking, everyone i talked to made hicas seem like a huge fucking deal that i wouldnt be able to track it and that its only good for grip. Sure you feel it when daily driving, but when it comes to the track, at every event i’ve done i havent even noticed it, drift and grip.

IMO dont listen to others, drive the car for yourself and see how it feels. If after a couple events or weeks of dailying and you still dont notice or dont feel it makes a big difference then dont bother with it till it breaks.

yea i had a super hicas 240 aswell didn’t really make a difference , it got sideways pretty easy. was all stock ecxept a k&n filter and eibach springs. best driving 240 ive owned

i agree completely with cal-soy and i-drift.

i own a 93 superhicas. and this car drives amazing.

seems to me that people who have had a bad experience with hicas probably did not have the system in check. alignment is critical.

a 240 without hicas? naw man. hicas is awesome. barely turn the wheel and your on your way. corners soooooooooo smooth. i love it.

only way i would go w/out hicas is if i were to build a straight track/drift unit.

for minor drifting/track/daily/touring. it works awesome.

drive it. see how you like it.

just make sure the rear end is tight.

when i got my car my rear struts were completely dead and rear outer ball joints and inner tie rods were FAckEd. when i would go over a bump or any kind of divy in the road it was SCARY. the ass end would almost swing right out sometimes. i wanted to get rid of it. but figured i would repair it properly. and since then. i love it

sorry for the long post. never really talked bout hicas since the repairs.

That’s the most stupid reply I’ve hear. Read the initial question

Honestly I have it on my car and I don’t have any plans on taking it off. What’s the point of removing something that makes the car handle better. If your planning on drifting then go for

i’ve driven, driven hard and drifted with both. it doesn’t do much.

i prefer non-hicas simply because it’s less things to break, lighter and easier to work on the rear end of the car without it.

it was in reference to this
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showpost.php?p=343962&postcount=5