Removing Hicas

Hey, my car is stripped to hell right now so if i wanted to remove hicas this would be the ideal time. Hicas works perfectly on my car, all the lines were replaced only a year ago so it shouldn’t crap out any time soon, but i also have all of the parts to convert to non hicas except for the reservoir if i choose to do so.

whenever i’ve read about people removing it, the reason they did it was because it’s not good to drift with it for whatever reason. well i don’t plan on drifting at all, i like grip and drag. would there be any benefit for me to removing it other than weight savings? i know it’s supposed to improve handling, does it actually? i have driven the car all of 5km since i bought it before i tore it apart, that’s all the driving i have done with a Hicas car so i don’t know from experience.

thoughts/opinions?

i never liked hicas in my first 240. it felt unpredictable at times . but thats my opinion

and you can use the hicas resivoir.

I would say if your into grip, first make sure your hicas is working properly and everything thats part of your suspension. Then take it grip driving, once you can tell whats happening with your car well enough, and you dont like hicas then buy the 120 dallor lock bar and rip out the old lines and mod the ps pump. Nissan didn’t put it in the car because it’s utter shit, it does help in certain cases. A lot of people just do what other people say and never really try for themselves, or there suspension is just falling apart and they figure that werid feeling must be the hicas.

I’v spent the last 2 hours reading on hicas removal shit and i still dont get all what has to be done, from what i understand.

• Get a non hicas subframe.
  • Loop the lines or remove them from the rack and cap them?
  • Get the non hicas ps pump and then …?

Im lost

You can either

Get non hicas subframe then
1)Get a non hicas power steering pump, replace that and remove the old remaining Hicas lines
2)Keep your Hicas pump and loop the Hicas lines (anywhere in the system, as long as it does a loop).
3)You could possibly plug the holes on the Hicas pump but looping it is so much easier.

Keep the spooky steer, when it works it’s amazing.

Leave it in if you are unsure whether or not you like it. If you decide you don’t like it down the road it only takes an afternoon to removed it.

hahaha…

I liked it, especially in the winter. it depends on how you drive, and how soft your steering inputs are, smooth driving style.

It probably saved my life more than once.

and if removing it, you can take the 3 failsafe selenoids out with the rear lines…, in the engine bay under teh intake manifold.

you could take out the hicas computer.

If you want to bring up weight savings

decided i’ll keep it for now, see how i like it… i can always remove it later. thanks for the input guys.

My car has Hicas and im currently with no engine and putting Hicas Sr in…so all the same really…from what i understand if i dont want it i jsut buy a lock bar? ans thats it? i dont havw th change a whole subframe do i ? …my system works and when i drift the car …i dunno ive jsut learned to ignore its never bothered me drifting lol

well one of the rear tie rods on my hicas rear is shot so i said fuck it and bought a subframe off varun

It will be going in next thursday, and we will see how just looping the lines go because its annoying tryin to follow where they go, hope its as easy as that…

Can you save me the other tie rod if it’s in good condition, like the whole unit?

About looping it, you will see a small sqaure block near the back of the car with lines going in and out to the rear rack. just loop it there. then change to a non hicas pump or take out the rear part of the hicas pump.

do i have to change to a non hicas pump?

if you loop the lines you do not have to change the pump.

under the car along the passenger side you have the hicas and fuel lines running front to back, the hicas lines are slightly bigger. Cut them anywhere before the actuator or w/e it is near the rear of the car and put in a loop. done.

sweet, thats all i was gonna do anyways, but yeah, forrory the tie rod is yours if you wanna come pick it up in acouple weeks

Is it possible to simply cut & weld the 2 ps lines going to the rear, and not change the hicas ps pump or the hicas subframe. I need to stop a ps leak & was wanting to do it cheaply. … (on a side note – how do i start a new thread)

I’ve never been behind the wheel of a hicas car, but if you like grip it would be good to keep. GTR’s have hicas :wink:

It’s bad for drifting because it makes it harder to lose traction, therefore, it would be better for grip because of the same reason.

ya but really if you want to slide theres no problem ignoreing how the hicas tries to stop you…ive never noticed it try to stop a slide or anything for me…i guess thats why i dont bother with it even though i use the car to street drive and drift on the track with…