HID Install

Where do I get this retard strength velcro? lol

:lol

If you decide against doing the install yourself I am willing and able to do the install. You can take a peak at my remote start install thread for my credentials. PM me if interested. I just helped a good friend (crazybrew) put HID’s into his Lexus… so I can handle just about anything… lol.

I’ll keep that in mind, only problem is you’d have to come to the garage cause I have it stored for the winter.

I’m willing to travel. There is a slight fee for it (mainly because I have all my resources here at my garage and it usually is a little tougher without all the resources). Just let me know whatever you decide.

Yeh I’ll most likely be able to handle it.

Just checked, 9004 bulbs are what his car takes (or at least what I ordered and installed). Its a late 4th gen, so maybe they changed it. Also 9005’s are a high beam bulb that tends to go alongside 9006 low beams.

My bad, typo. Didn’t catch it till you quoted haha.

Yeah, it’s a 9004 with many people doing the 9007 conversion. I did it on my 99 and my 97. Helped a little with the output.

When I bought my Grand Prix it had a McCullough HID kit in it but The ballasts were all nasty and corroded from NY salt and water. Do your best to protect them.

My DDM ballasts are still going fine, and they are from the cheap kit. The screws on the case rusted, but I don’t have a fender liner on one side, and the ballast got crusted in a mix of dirt/grit and salt. Washed it off, its fine. Put them out of the way, but as long as its not a shitty kit you don’t need to go too crazy with protecting them.

The amount my car is driving in nasty weather I’ll be fine. Its stored in winter.

I just bought a delay for the wiring harness so the HID’s wont fire until the car is done cranking. This will ensure that there are no HID misfires.

Where did you get that?

Some guy had em on my forum… want one? Ill buy it for you if he has some left… Matter of fact I’ll text you.

Does your car turn them on automatically? If they are running as daytime running lights, does the decreased voltage do anything/harm the ballasts? Just curious.

I heard that the car starting and HID’s firing at the same time sometimes mess them up and cause a misfire.

and yes they turn on automatically

Going to wait for the delay to install the HID’s hopefully early next week.

How does the delay get wired up? I’m interested…the price is cheap. But need more info on it.

wires up to the harness, I’ll try to upload it H/O

Too much work on my car. The IPDM (which controls a lot of crap in my car) will throw a fit with this setup me thinks.

Thanks Chad.