high hp turbo honda engine info

im not the most knowledgeable about hondas but would a sleeved H22 be able to handle that kind of power? I know that the nikasil liners cant but i would think that sleeved the block would be pretty stout.

heres the issue somedude… weight. a light civic hatch will take the power all day long because the car is light. add tons of weight and the block starts to twist more and the trans could become an issue even though normally they arent.

i would focus on getting a trans that can handle the power a turbo sho can make even if you have to cut the bellhousing off and weld another one on or make an adapter. I think I mentioned either here or on roclife to try the A413/31TH/A670 chrysler 3 speed. there are millions of them around and they hold up to the punishement of 1000-1400hp when built properly. plus, no electronics other than lockup tq convertor if you want one.

you could make an adapter/spacer so you can have a thicker torque converter made that has multidisk lockup torque converter clutches installed then you can lock it up in 3rd and still boost the living piss out of it.

id contact “torqueflite” on www.turbo-mopar.com and see what he can do for you. he makes his own manual valve bodies and stuff like that and has a trans brake available. darrel cox racing has some trannies available as well. there is one spot that you want to weld as well if you decide to do this but that can be dealt with later.

Brian