High idle

My car is idling at like 1500rpm when its warm for some reason.

I recently tried changing my TPS but the two little bolts snapped in the throttle body. I ended up purchasing a used throttle body to replace it. I also used a new gasket and made sure there are no intake leaks. I also thoroughly cleaned the throttle body with cleaner.

Now the car is idling at 1500rpm. Does this mean the TPS is bad or can it just be adjusted somehow?

Oh, and prior to changing the throttle body, the car idled at a buttery smooth 800rpm. The motor is a stock KA24DE.

i thought that it was normal to idle a little high at start up sometimes. may be wrong.

i’m talking about when the car is warm.

auto > 5spd swap? my car had that problem after swap when I’ d have foot on clutch

IACV…

The car was auto–>5spd but idled fine before I started fucking around with the throttle body.

Why would the IACV get messed up when I didn’t touch it?

who knows, might just be conincidence. does the car want to stall out when you put your foot on the clutch while driving?

No, the car doesn’t wanna stall at all.

You guys are all way off. The because you’ve still got Auto ECU’s.

Doesn’t have to do with the TPS, or the IACV. I checked all those out when I did my last 5 speed swap. It’s your ECU.

The way the wiring works when doing a 5 speed swap is that the tranny computer/ECU thinks it’s in park at all times. This allows you to START the car.

What this means is that to not stall out, the ECU must compensate for being in gear (or it THINKING it’s in gear) and holding the car in ‘P’. So it idles high to keep itself from stalling.

Hope I’ve been of some help to you N00BS.

=) <3

wrong dan

my hatch never did that with a auto ecu

Just going through the same thing on my nephews car.

Always been a 5 speed, but just did a motor swap. I suspect its the TPS setup or air regulator is not setup right or not working at all.

Will let you know what I find later today

Jeff

Fixed, it was the TPS.

So the TPS was bad? Or did you a way to adjust it?

The TPS was bad. I tried to adjust it but the voltage wouldn’t come down to what it was supposed to. I just threw in another TPS without even adjusting it and the car started idling at 900rpm.

my car is doing this same thing, except at 1700rpm. even after the car is warmed up.

i have tried adjusting my TPS also, but no luck in the rpms dropping. so am i looking at getting a new TPS?