Hit a deer in the Z !!

Damn I decided to drive my car one last time for the year, depsite the clutch slipping on high boost, I decided to take it easy and get one last cruise in.

Well just North or High River I was clipping along, of course doing the speed limit…cough and all I saw was a blood splatter then a huge mound right in the middle of my lane. It was too late by that time to do anything but hold my breath and I took it head on! I calmly slowed, shut the radio off and listened and expected to hear the clatter of my under carriage as my exhuast and oil pan started to drag down the highway but everything seemed good.

I pulled over immediately and too my surprise all that seems to have happend is my spoiler is smashed and I lost all my splash guard plastic off the front. It must have missed my oil cooler my a couple inches only. The poor guy that was a minute in front of me in his Honda wasn’t so lucky, he hit it to and I pulled off behind him (of course I never seen him hit it or would have had a heads up) . He had problems and sparks coming out from under his car from shit that had been ripped off.

That sucks man, sorry to hear. Those splash guards may be a couple hundred $ to replace, plus is your fascia destroyed or does it just need repainting?

Just the lower lip where they typically get busted from hitting curbs when parking. I am completely amazed at how little cosmetic damage there is. I fully expected the whole bottom of the front bumber to be tore off and hanging there when I pulled over. I am still really concerned about my oil pan, exhaust could have gotten mangled completely and that wouldn’t have bothered me. There are also fuel lines although protected I seem to remember a couple of spots where they are exposed and could have taken a hit. It will have to go up on the blocks this weekend to fully determine the extent of damages.

I am going to stop on the way home where it happend and wander around the ditch to see if I can find any parts of the guard. I might end up just making a new one from scratch out of aluminum or something. As for the fascia it was going this winter anyway for something aftermarket. I could fix it with a quick coat of fibergalss like I did with my previous Z and it looked as good as new.

Wow, lucky one there. That same thing almost happened to me the other night. Dead deer in the middle of the lane, but I just happened to swtich lanes not 10 seconds before, and missed by feet. He was a big bastard too. lol.

Hope everything is ok.

Groan… don’t do that. The Z32 doesn’t deserve to have ghetto-fabbed parts on her. Join the Calgary Z Club (if you haven’t already) and order the oem splash guards from Brasso with your club discount. :wink:

Groan… don’t do that. The Z32 doesn’t deserve to have ghetto-fabbed parts on her. Join the Calgary Z Club (if you haven’t already) and order the oem splash guards from Brasso with your club discount. :wink:[/quote]

Already a member, Trust me My Z is a “Ghetto free Zone”…lol I would fab a proper piece to mimick the original. Hopefully this winter my garage will become populated with many tools I have been missing to do work like this such as a metal bender… damn I need a Sears card with a 50,000 limit!!