hit curb..... probem fixed, car's in for alignment

hey,

i hit a curb with wheel turned (front driver side)… now my steering is messed up.
whats the common thing to go when something like this goes and how much do you think a shop will charge to fix it?

well, i aquired the parts: control arm w/ ball joint and tension rod (just in case)

anybody wanna help me install them? i can drive to you if needed. I am at Mississauga and Lakeshore. I’ll pay with booze or cash.

PLEASE HELP, i’d tackle this on my own but I need experienced assistance to overcome the fear factor.
ttyl

upon inspection, it looks like the tensio rod is not bent… but the stabalizer connecting rod looks to be at an angle.

i didt notice any vibration in the steerig wheel while driving…

maybe its an alignment issue only?

anybody is mississauga wanna give me their opinion? lakeshore and hurontario (will pay with money/alcohol)

Other ideas could be bent control arm, ball joint damage, sway bar and/or end-links damaged (possibly a damaged TC rod bushing, but unlikely).

From what I know, anyway. Good luck!

Stabalizer connecting rod?

You mean the stabalizer bar? sway bar endlink?

I would figure your Tie rod or at best your LCA would contribute to this
problem, seeing as your tension rod seems to be fine.

First things first go for a alingment

looks like its the lower control arm and the link rod… time for VISA usage :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the info guys.

hopefully my frame isnt bent as well, i need a hug lol

well, i aquired the parts: control arm w/ ball joint and tension rod (just in case)

anybody wanna help me install them? i can drive to you if needed. I am at Mississauga and Lakeshore. I’ll pay with booze or cash.

PLEASE HELP, i’d tackle this on my own but I need experienced assistance to overcome the fear factor.

I’m trying to get my transmission put in before the weekend. If all goes
well, I should have an open garage that you can come by and I can help
you install the new parts. I’ve done all these so I know what I’m doing.

I live in Brampton (not too far from where you are probablly - 15-30min from Lakeshore)

Hey

I got the car for a few months now and I abused it already too much.
I got the same problem with the car… slided out of control twice… one on driver side and one on other side.
No frame or body damage. THank god. I was going pretty fast and had to change the rim, control arm, bracket and inner tie rod. (good thing credit cards exist!!!)
Cost around $700 total.
I was there the whole time the guy was installing the parts. ( had to wait 1 week for bracket to come from Japan tho…) and it was pretty much straight forward. BUTTTTT good luck doing it in personal garage. Man you need not only tools, but “confortness” to do this. ITS F*****G cold outside and w/o a heated garage, this is gonna be hell!
AND do not get alignment done before fixing the damaged parts.

Anyways,
I just had to share my experience.

$700 :shock:
you could have got the parts from a parts car for 50-100 bucks, and as for cold garages I guess you like to cough up money to mechanics then…

Andrew.

well, total repair cost for me was $200 bux (dealer cost for S14 control arm with ball joint)… thank god for good friends who are easily bribed by alcohol :slight_smile: