hks ssqv flutter

so my hks ssqv bov flutters at low boost (below 10 psi or so). it sounds like a turkey kinda. does anybody have any experience with these bov’s? i have been searching around i found lots of ppl with the same problem but no real answer. some say it realy is nothing to worry about others say it is compersor surge. any help would be apriciated. thanks. btw its on the cold side and it is reciculated.

ok so im pretty sure it is surgeing on low boost. seems like it the hks valve has a hard time opening. any ideas on this at all?

might be siezed up was it sitting ?
take it apart sit it in soem wd40 reassable it adn try again

yea mine did it too

has some surface rust on the piston

pull it apart and clean it up

k going to try that today. i need some c-clip removers but damn crappy tire is probaly closed today

mine did that as well, i cut a coil off the spring and also later on down the road swapped it out for a new spring…

so i just took it all apart and oiled it an put it back together. same thing surge anywhere below 7psi. i tried different vacum sorces and it made it not blow off at all. where did you get the different springs from?

try contacting HKS on it, that’d be a best bet!

but I know quite a few people that get that flutter\surge at low rpm, not 100% why other than some people saying its normal vs others saying compressor surge from the spring being too hard and not opening fully to let out all the air at one time…I stand by the later argument because it makes more sense! probably if u run more boost, and there’s more flow built up at lower rpm, the spring might be able to exhale it out easier with one go or opening.

Mine does the same thing, it is compressor surge. It’s nothing to worry about in low boost. Have you tried playing around with the adjustment valve?

yay it is all the way open.

gotta love the sound tho…haha

i thought it sounded dope untill i found out it was surge. on zilvia they say that sound is “gangster”, meh…

those Zilvia guys, a lot of em are all “show whores” from what I read and see lol, like gayish car guys trying to find the hottest look with all their wheels and ride heights, along with crazy criticism too… meh!

Don’t see as much performance and tech stuff, with criticism on that.