hmmm... decoding analog cable thru a tuner card?

just wondering if this is even possible… but does anyone know if it it’s do-able to somehow decode a cable signal (for instance, I have analog-basic cable but can’t get HBO or anything else because I’m getting the cable is thru my apartment complex as a package deal type of thing :tdown: ) to get certin channels? This would be on my PC BTW using a hauppauge TV tuner card

any input welcome

If I understand this right, your trying to get premium channels for free. No, you can’t do that with a tuner card. Your channels are being blocked outside of your house.

http://www.cableboxfilters.com/i/filter.jpg

no

hmmmm… :chin: looks like that would only work with a digital package (cable box/dvr type of setup) though :\

I wouldn’t mind trying it out though :tup:… intresting

i think it makes sense that you should be able to do this as they have illegal boxes and other illegal devices to remove the encryption… but all of my internet searches over the years have failed at providing a way to do this. i have managed to find some programs for this purposes but none worked… i guess they’re too smart for us.

thats sort of what I was thinking… oh well, it was worth asking I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

i’d even settle for just being able to get all basic cable channels through a tv tuner card

Cable is now controlled by a main center, they have complete control over what is broadcast across your lines now. No more hacking cable companies and satellite is on it’s way out too. Those filters raven posted are for if you have digital cable and are “supposed” to work with getting PPV free but in esscence it just blocks a frequency sent out daily or weekly by your cable provider…they will shut your box off if you do this.

Cliff notes : No like Zwarbyt

i dont have cable at all but… they don’t even send you a signal for say HBO if you don’t have the service?

No, its not like the old days where you could tune into the channel and here the sound, since HBO is digital there is no way for you to pick it up

actually… If I turn to the HBO channel, I get it… but it’s all scrabled it looks like. More or less the reason I asked

steve you can deffinitely get it.

My mom used to live at raintree, had that analog cable setup.

We got one of those cheater boxes off ebay for like 79 bucks and she got all the channels.

There really isn’t too much on the analog cable tier anymore anyways, all you would be getting would be hbo, showtime, and that ppv channel 99 i think.