hockey question

i <3 hockey but i never played it…

what are referees saying during faceoffs?

nothing they HAVE to say.

probably “are you guys ready?”

The only thing the refs have to do at the beginning of the game and at the start of every period is signal the goalies to insure they are ready.

or maybe they say “guys EASY with the sticks… you UR OUT… NEXT… ok guys easy sticks easy sticks 1 2 3 GO GET EM TIGERS!”

They count down

3 2 1. and drop it.

if there is something going on like when they switch a player, they see or sense that one is going to jump the gun and switch them out with another player.

Sometimes they will talk to both of them especially if there was a fight recently or maybe a dirty play, asking them to play nice.

ahahaha lol @ go get em tigers

or they can say “guys…dnt be sch silly geese”

weirdoooooooo. or they say back up.

“My legs were on his shoulders and held in place by hell-bent arms and hands, as he rammed his death-rod in me.”

they dont count down… just drop the puck, there may be chit chat but no countdown

and you wonder why you get picked on so much :gotme:

in my shit league its usually everyday conversation

if they are talking it is usually to correct one of the players, ie. sqaure up, move back, stick down or warn the next guy up after he throws one out that he will get a penalty if he messes up too. they wont talk unless they have to

Yeah it’s almost always dealing with the way the players line up. Placement of the center’s sticks and positioning of the wingers and defensemen around the faceoff.

inside joke…

you fail

probably asking the players where they can get some micahweber prints