Holy crap, what is happening to NYSpeed?

There could be an OG subforum… which would contain a bunch of old guys who really don’t give 2 shits about cars anymore and like to talk about houses and shit.

You’re always going to have noobs… you’re always going to have noise. If you want to have a conversation, risk going outside and talk to someone in RL.

ahh nostalgia.

This.

If you think there is less car talk now that PittSpeed is here, maybe you missed the 6 page call-out thread for the drag competition we’re planning in the spring or the NET-WIDE drag racing leaderboard that DOUBLED in entries since the merger.

Layout wise anyone who knows me knows I’m SUPER picky about keeping these forums organized, clean and easy to read. Like Paulo said, take a look at any number of forums which are impossible to read or break up the content with ads between posts or have Google Ad Words popping up everywhere.

We’ll never please everyone.

What a shitty attitude. J/K
It’s true.

It was called Fight Club, and was awesome. But alas, that has now been long defunct. :frowning:

Fight Club :frowning:

Fight Club :slight_smile:

At least there’s politisuck. It’s boring so nobody goes there and the few of us who care can at least talk politics on a somewhat small forum without, say, some batshit crazy nutter spamming the shit out of the board with anti-american and anti-semetic pathetically impossible conspiracy theories. Oh, wait.

Hey I’m not Anti-American! :wink:

I will say the old smilies were waaaaaaaaaaay better. You knew at first glance what they were. I do not like the new ones.

LOL naw this guy is like you without the meds!

its a free site so quit your bitching. Noobs dont know their place anymore.

Please submit your new design layout to donotgive@fuck.com

Oh and STFU noob. Go play on Pittspeed.

Lol.

It’s not the forums that are ruining the forums, it’s the members who contribute. These forums are meant for talking shit, racing, discussing car related information, and showing off builds. Everything else is just an “added” bonus.

Yet, everyone seems to forget that. Especially the older generation. I (along with a mass majority of members) don’t come on here to read about your house/boat/suv/ or other bull shit. If i do, i’m really bored.

What aggravates me is my for sale threads now get merged into network wide stuff and I get all these posts and pms from guys in Canada and then they pm me like where in canada are you located. Im like Its NYSPEED get it NEW YORK SPEED, therefore im located in NEW YORK. As soon as I say im in new york and not canada there like of F that im not driving across the boarder down from toronto to buy your shit.

I understand wanting to merge and grow a bigger automotive enthusiast community on here but there has to be some sort of limit here. I mean 95% of the guys on this forum not from buffalo, rochester or somewhere in the greater western new york area will never come to buffalo to buy or sell parts so I dont understand the point of all this merging all it seems to do is add more random BS in for sale threads, and nonsense.

We recognize the problem with classifieds in that there are no locations, etc. and we’re working on it.

well hopefully someday you will be part of an older generation and want to know about that kind of stuff. its just like finding playboys when you are 7; not quite sure what you are looking at but you realize you should learn. asap.

:tup:

mixed feelings about that classifieds comment.

I know that some of our vendors are having Canadian guys cross to pick stuff up and i can tell you that i very often buy stuff off nyspeed… lot’s of tires, punching bag, stuff from a bunch of you guys… so it DOES happen.

moreover, there are guys on nyspeed that have driven up here to buy stuff from me and other guys.

ideally, if there were a function in VB4.0 to copy a thread or groups of threads i would do that instead of just moving them but i haven’t been able to do that with any aggregation. that way you’d have a thread in each section.

also, i tend to skip over wheels that suck since no one buys that shit anyways :slight_smile: