Home Improvement Permits

So, with everyone doing their home improvements and upgrades, how many pulled permits for everything and what inspections are you dealing with?

I’ve got a bunch of stuff I want to do to my place that are decent-sized projects, but I don’t want to get nailed if I don’t pull a permit… not sure how Cheektowaga is on things like Electrical and Plumbing done my the DIYer…

If it’s interior and I don’t have a huge pile of building supplies visible, I don’t file.

If it’s a structural change or floorplan change, I file.

$0.02.

Which inspectors depends on the work done, and the town.

Cheektowaga is THE WORST in Buffalo. I deal with this on a weekly base for work.

Any work done during the day on the Exterior you should certainly get a permit. Other than that, just be :snky:

X…

You don’t need a permit for repairs.:wink:

I didnt get any permits for my deck or attic. If not sure how it is in your town or city though. I banged out my deck over the weekend.

Well, I removed a bathroom from my basement; and I want to build a 1/2 Bath/Laundry on my 1st floor…

I’m THINKING I can just do it, and because the house was already listed as a 2 bathroom… and I got rid of one…

Shouldnt be a problem unless you have some neighbors who dont like you and hear you pounding away all day and call on you.

It’s all inside, no big deal, keep the curtains closed.

X…

I only got a permit for my new Pella windows. Thanks Uncle Xander!

You need permits to do shit to your house? :mamoru:

:word:

Remodeled the kitchen, finished half the basement, put up a shed, installed ~80’ of stockade fence… have yet to file a permit. Amherst. The fence was done in two days, everything else was inside.

I have files for 2.
One for drain tile and another for me new roof

They wanted to inspect the pipes on the drainage, and ice shield on my roof.
They never did come to look at my ice shield and I surely was not waiting around :slight_smile:

If I’m doing stuff inside, its none of the towns business :slight_smile:

Only thing I pulled apermit for was my deck. I live in Buffalo, went down to City Hall to get the permit…think it was $35 or so. Inspector never showed up! I did call the gas company and they came out before I dug, so after that I wasn’t worried about anything.

No permit pulled for the garage, not sure if this will ever be a problem?

Good to know info. I have wondered how bad West Seneca would be about rebuilding a shed (8’ x 8’) where an existing shed is. Are sheds anything to worry about? What about if I wire it if it was previously not wired?

+1 Haha. It’s contagious this time of year. I too have some plans as always for the inside. The shed is next spring.