Homemade battery re-location

I want to clean up the engine compartment and in the spring fab a 3" short ram intake with stainless beer piping. Batterys got to go in the trunk. I already have 4gauge wire for my stereo going threw the car can i just use this wire and ground the battery to…Hmm theres a kick ass bolt used for the back seat to flip down. Would that ground be suffecient enough? as for the ground wire under the hood ground that somewhere…cant think of any spots but ill check the next time im under there. Now in the end do you guys think ill have bigger idling problems or startup problems due to the body/frame being used as a ground and a loong + battery cable? Now that the battery is in the trunk I can have my isolator right there and 0gauge wire for the amp 8) i cant afford 14 feet of that stuff.

While im at this would a custom mandrel bent stainless intake that runs from the throttle body threw where the batt plate was down behind the bumper beside the fender be better than my injen intake?  During the summer i extended the injen so the filter was down behind the bumper on the other side and it made a noticeable diffrence.  Now that its freezing i put it back up in the engine compartment and didnt notice anything diffrent.

-Devin

I think I have 6 gauge running to the back and havent had any problems. 0 gauge is overkill so the wire you have back there should be sufficient.
I would buy a battery box rather than rig up some home made unit. If you get pulled over and youve got some hacked up battery tray in the back you could get your car yanked off the road and it wont pass tech at any track. Oh and its not very safe :slight_smile:

Go to Canadian Tire and buy a Marine battery box, then strap that down, it’s what i have now, works great.

make sure that the box is sealed. batteries give off gases that will turn your brain into putty.

you’ll also need a hole to let the vapors escape. I just drilled another hole with a tube running into the box.

This would only be an issue if your vehicle is a hatch or something where
your trunk is exposed to your cockpit.

Which is another reason why Coupe > Hatch :o