Homeownership SUCKS right now

Yea, I’m going to rant because I’m in a really bad fucking mood right now. After my roof deciding to spring a leak a couple weeks ago I finally got some time to go up and try to recoat it to get through the winter with the plan of putting a new rubber rolled roof on in the spring. However its not looking like that is the plan any more. The minute I stepped onto the roof I almost fell through. The wood is completely soft and probably shot. So now I get to somehow try to come up with the cash to completely replace a roughly 16’ x 12’ roof, wood and all… after already spending over $1k on the new furnace. So yea, I’m pretty pissed right now. Especially since the previous owner said it was a new roof but instead it had just been recoated enough to hide the leaks. And since the leaks were all hidden and there was no way anybody could have known about them… the wood has just been sitting there soaking up the water.

So yea… FMFL!!!

/rant.

Sorry to hear man

Fuck

Have you thought about burning it down for the insurance money?

if so ask my boss for tips on how to make it look accidental and how to pay off fire investigators.

did you get a home inspection? sometimes they will insure the inspections?

Yes I got an inspection but it is nothing the inspector could have forseen. There was no evidence of any leaks when we bought it and snow was covering the roof which hid the fact that it wasn’t really a new roof like it was made out to be in the sale. And as far as the soft wood, I was just up there over the summer and didn’t notice any soft spots. So I don’t want anyone thinking that the inspector didn’t do his job… he went above and beyond during the inspection and this is just some shady work by the previous owner to hide stuff.

Sucks to hear but at least when it comes to your house, the money you put in will at least get somewhere … whenever this kinda shit happens to your car thats never the case, its just money down the toilet and out the tailpipe.

Deifnitely do the work yourself, if you got some common sense and a couple buddies to help, you can rip that whole roof off on a day like today and throw down new plywood and rubber and tar the shit out of evertyhing, you’ll be out on materials… vs M&L when u hire a contractor it will cost you a couple grand at least.

yea, I plan on doing the work myself with the help of a friend who is a contractor… lol. It just sucks that this shit couldn’t have waited a couple months for when we got our tax return… lol