honda cel codes what to do ??

i didnt have any cel codes at all until i just changed my exhaust and the only thing i unpluged was my o2 sensor to my header and my o2 sensor to my cat thats it and after i put my new exhaust on i came up with 3 codes

codes

17 - speed sensor
20 - electronic load detector
41 - o2 senser heater (but i already no thats bad)

the only thing i havent done was pull my power off my battery

im running a gen 3 b16a 5 speed in a 00 civic ex im useing a p30 ecu but like i said i didnt have no codes at all until i did the exhaust

any ideas on what to do i hate seeing the cel

ii just reset the battery and it didnt nothing at all i let my car run for 25 mins it was a great temp and my vtec isnt working eather

I’m going to assume its OBD2.

Try using the codereader at advance? Sometimes OBD2 is bitchy. If its still acting up this weekend, and you are in the schenectady area, I have a USB scantool that can pull sensor data. There’s a chance that one or more of the wires for the sensors could have gotten messed up when they were unplugged.

Car won’t hit vtec without the speed sensor reading

i was doing some reading online and it said to check the #15 fuse and i did and it was blown so the speed sensor is fixed but im still showing codes 17 and 41 i called around for a o2 sensor and the plug and play ones are 189.00 thats really high

They are so expensive because that includes the clip to plug into the harness. If you get a generic 4wire o2 and cut the clip from the old one(assuming that is not part of the problem) and wire it yourself, its alot cheaper.

i heard there junk tho idk its worth a try but is that gonna make code 20 go away ?

how do i fix the eld code? i was reading online they said to change the fuse box under the hood? idk whats up with it i didnt touch nothing it just showed up the same day my o2 went bad

Code 20 could be a loss of a ground. I would fix the other codes and reset the ecu. See if the code 20 comes back then. You can pick up a universal style O2 for about $40. I wouldn’t rely on it lasting to long though.

the uni o2 sensors are junk

Code 17 - If this all happened after playing around with the exhaust/O2 sensor - I’d say double-check to make sure you didn’t yank out the cable (or harness to speed sensor, not sure how your tranny is connected) on the tranny - granted mine’s an ED/EF, but I’ve accidentally run into this when pulling/replacing on the O2 sensor from the engine bay - does your speedo not work right now?

Code 20 - the ELD is (I’m assuming it’s the same as on an ED/EF) located in the main fuse box (engine bay) - you can grab one from a junkyard for cheap, quick/easy to replace. I had mine go bad a while back, just swapped out the main fuse box and all was good.

Worse case scenario - like Reckone says - could be a bad ground in general - back feeding from the unplugged O2 heater circuit or something to that effect- can def cause screwy problems with your ecu. I’ve had a fuse blow in the main fuse box, and when I hit my brakes, the reverse lights would come on- just for reference to screwiness.

i replaced fuse 15 because it was blown and reset the computer and everything is good now thanks for all the help guys