What would you do VS shop?

The starter housing on my corvette cracked. Seeing that I really just moved down to Houston, I figure, screw it I’ll have a shop do it. This was mostly due to the fact that you have to drop my long tube headers to get it out, and I don’t have a lift nor know anyone with a lift I could use.

Tell them to put in a lifetime GM starter, and give her an oil change while there are in there.

ok no biggy no surprises they are done in two days.

Drive the car for ~30 miles, and she is running like crap, and throws the CEL.

Should I go back, or not? Figure they fucked it up this much, why let them make it worse?

5 CELS

P0132
P0174
P1416
P1255
U1064

Oh and of course when I dropped off the car there was no CELS at all! BALLS.

FML

It might be one unseated connector. What are those codes? Maybe they forgot to plug in the O2.

I would def take it back.

call them up, give them a chance, if they are dicks, take it somwhere else and send them the bill

codes are O2 related… busted O2 sensor or left it unpluged

Yah I guess I’ll head back, but I think my car runs open loop all the time. I’ll have to double check it all though.

The codes are lean bank/high voltage o2/ air pump/ brake module malfunction/ lost communication with brake module.

P0132 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0174 Fuel Trim too Lean (Bank 2)
P1416 Port Air Circuit Malfunction/ (AIR) System Bank 2
P1255 Pedal Correlation PDS2 and LPDS Low

U1064 SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id

per a search on the last code… vette’s throw that one regularly it usually comes up as
U1064H

meaning its in the history doesn’t normally throw the CEL

soo the other codes make me think your bank 1 O2 sensor is busted or unplugged

You will never get the bill paid for that way. :picard:

Any exhaust leaks at all? If they fucked up removing your header there could be air getting into the exhaust stream screwing with the O2’s.

Why not? I’ve done it and got paid.

I talked with Mike over at New Era, and I’m almost 100% sure they messed up the tube going to the air pump. (They forgot to put the clamps on it.)

So I hope to easily fix this myself. We shall see!

Awesome. Report back if that fixes it.

if you do fix it i would still call them and let them know…