runs bad after headers may have found problem , need insite

well after the header install my car started running crappy , it had random missfires on the left bank and plugs were fouling

hooked it up to a tech 2 and showed it pulling 50% more fuel to the left bank, and the 02 was registering low milivolts

right bank was rnning fine

switched teh 02s and the right bank decided it wanted to pull 50% more fuel and register low milivolts like the left side was doing when that 02 was in there

while teh left side tried taking away fuel prolly cuz the plugs are fouled

is it safe to assume my 02 is bad, the problem switched when i switched teh 02s

bobbyd

Yeah if you switched the O2’s and the other side was doing it its almost definitly your O2 sensor.

thanks anyone else have any insite

just not sure y i wasnt getting a code, my friend said it took about a week b4 his coed came uo , i havent been drving teh car so that could be teh case

i went everywhere but autozone and they all carry bosh , anyone know where i can get ac delco ’

also they said teh OEM ones were Delphi are those good?

Almost all O2 sensors are made by Bosch. Even the ones AC Delco buys and repackages.

i hear NGK’s are good

the bosch one will be fine.

if you really want come up to basil chevy tomorrow and i’ll see what i can do for you. just ask for pat.

my GM does not like Bosch, the pcm gets fucked up readings from them. AC Delco 4-life. All the GTP guys give Bosch :tdown: and AC Delco :tup:

Supporting evidence?

I’ve never heard anything good about Bosch… only AC Delco.

Also one thing to point out, if the headers move the 02 location it can cause problems and the computer might need time to re-adjust.

also: if yout touch the element on the 02 sensor it can ruin it…

this things barely running and spewing fuel out of the exhaust. i drove behind him tuesday when we got it running my car was covered in shit. so relearn isnt the case here. unless the pcm took a shit. but i def thinks its the 02 bobby so get some plugs get some 02s and will do it again tonight lol

i had a similar problem after doing headers, exhaust, plugs and wires in my buddy’s WS6 … first it had mutiple engine missfire- turns out the extension we had to make for the O2 melted.

then it ran fine for a day and started doing it again, tried everything, then he took it to a shop and they said it was his Opti-spark, (which he has BTW for sale if anyone neds one for a trans am) well after we startr to tearit apartto do the opti-spark, we nmotice that 2 of the wires we put in were melted, from the headers - we fixed those and now the car is fine … sort of

when we ddi the headers, we lost the secondary induction on the exhaust manifolds, and now the caris throwing a code for something related to that - so we need to figure out what the hell to do with that - but at least its running fine

dont know if anyone of that helps, but i guess im sayin - check all you wires/ O2 wires, etc … just ,make sure nothing melted on you

ooo … and we used NGK plugs, and i have tried bosch in my TT and they fouled faster then any of the other plugs, (i was having a serious missfire problem, so i tried like 6 kinds of plugs)

what leads me to think its the 02 is the one 02 did the same thing on each bank

did you have to extend the wires at all?? if you did make sure they are soldered and wires not melted or buy new O2’s

two brand new new 02s and teh car runs amazing, drove it around for like 30-45 minutes , not problems,

thanks for teh input guys , ill c you on the streets

I don’t know if this works on LT1 cars…

But if you have headers on LS1 fbodys you can order rear O2 sensors for 02 Vettes…which have extremely long wiring harness’s on them…and they heat up quicker…

glad to hearits runnin good

good idea thanks - do you have any idea what they do with the air induction from the stock manifolds?? on the lt1? - trying to get rid of the check engine light

lt1 and ls1 o2’s aren’t the same…

all is well now though, come check it out at mighty tonight at 10pm!!!