honda civic build thread in Wv

I’m not bashing you, I am offering constructive criticism. You stated that you wanted to try road racing, and I was pointing out things that’ll need addressed if you decide to actually do it. The cage comment was based entirely on the fact that neither SCCA or NASA allow sleeve joints ANYWHERE on a cage, especially the main hoops. You can look up the GCR for both to see what I mean…that stuff is heavily regulated. You may/may not be doing anything at that level, I just thought you might want to know, so if you decide to go that route it’d be easier to fix now than later. I’ve been tracking for a long time, and would offer any advice you want.

You are doing a great job otherwise…it’s refreshing to see someone who doesn’t just slap a bunch of parts on something with no plan or anything. A side note about the sleeve joints…they have become popular with the rock crawling guys. The reason for that is they will never encounter the speeds that a road car will see. I understand that it is your project and all that, but saying that I’m going to do things that are [I]potentially[/] unsafe because I want to isn’t smart. My car has a roll bar BTW, but nothing in front of the seats, since I don’t tow it to the track or wear my helmet on the street.