honda civic build thread in Wv

i think u should make that shit like a rainbow fuck sticking to 2 colors lol…

I’m totally not into show cars but the polished and black lines are fine, the car needs to be one color when ever you figure that out. red and purple don’t really go together but if thats what your gonna do, then anything of color should be painted or coated to match. like if your gonna keep the cam gears exposed they should be black or purple not gold. throttle body linkage.

if the cam gears won’t be exposed then you just wasted money on arps. i like the arp idea its just expensive and now that you’ve started with that theme you have to continue. red, purple and arp theme. thats pretty odd but if you stick to it thou, will be cool.

heres a crappy picture of my engine bay, whats the first thing that you see. that stupid fucking greddy BOV and the yellow brake cap. then the ic pipes. now if the bov and ic pipes were black that to me would look awesome. theres not much i can do about the brake cap thou. so my theme is silver moss and black, if i wanted to be cool i should paint them to go with my theme.

http://home.comcast.net/~yourmom.124/100_1374r.jpg

i see the 34 on the windshield. nascar fan?

like the big bolt arp vs arp w/ washer for the cam gear…

no way, f nascar. 34 was just a number from the last track day.

sorry didn’t mean to offend, i must have misunderstood you.

lol you got offended he posted a picture of a car in your build thread

The bay came out great! Love it!

One question though…how do the brakes feel without booster support? I know you have never raced the car, so the extreme heat is something you’ve never put them through…but I have never heard of anyone doing that intentionally to a anything but a show car…which this clearly is now. I know for a fact that even with a larger MC/booster/stainless lines I still get squishy once the rotors are glowing.

steve ill make your rotors glow

I understand that it’s from a drag company…it’s application is for when you are on the brakes for a few seconds at most, not repeatedly for an hour or something. Drag companies also make smaller/lighter brakes that aren’t even safe for street use…let alone track use, so I’m going to guess it is going to suck on track. Not hating, but pressure needed to stop the car (especially one that makes 500whp) goes up exponentially with respect to temperature. It takes significantly more pedal pressure to stop my car even after 3 or 4 laps. My point is this: You are going to make enough power to attain some high speeds, and you basically have less braking power than stock to slow you down. I’m just trying to keep you safe, that’s all.

BTW what are you going to do about tire compound and brake compound?

agreed!!!

in my elantra with drilled rotors and hawk pads at the end of a long auto-x course my pedal gets squishy…i cant imagine what its going to be like without a booster…either way id like to know how it works out for you im not trying to steer you away from your choice just throwing a useless idea out there haha

quik jr

My 68 has manual drum brakes and its like stepping on a rock. fortuntly I am a big boy

Ratio has nothing to do with it, and stop referencing drag stuff, it has zero comparison. But, I’ll step away because you obviously know tons about stuff you’ve never done, just like your cage… lol.