Honda Civic SI 1/4 Mile Time?

A friend of mine at school has a friend from back home who has a 2000 honda civic si with 190,000 miles, intake, high flow cat, catback, cold air intake. He claims he ran a 14.2 in the 1/4. Full interior stock internals nothin crazy…is this b.s.?

yea that seems a little fast to me if he just has an intake, cat and exhaust. I’m saying it probably runs about 15 flat to 14.90 if he’s lucky.

15.0 maybe!!!

I raced an si that had a cat back and a cold air with my beater ls integra that has a cai, dc header w/stock cat and tsudo 2.5" cat back and the dizzy advanced 3* and I was slowly walking him, this was on 22. we did it 4 times and if he got on it first we would just stay even, I couldn’t believe it. these were 2-4th gear to redline pulls. I could hear his vtec engage and everything. I’de say they run low 15’s
passengers to prove it too.

holy shit 190,000 miles! I thought it said 19,000. I’m gonna go with a 15.40 best case.

like everyone else im goin with a mid 15

At least the man didnt say he ran a 12 second 1/4 mile time as most honda owners with intake and exhaust say they can pull off My guess would be 15 flat with driver mod. 15.6 without. The blue one at dyno day with intake and exhaust put down 138hp and he ran a mid 15 sec 1/4 mile pass at keystone.190k is a good bit a miles even for a honda. I know it will probably run till 400k but . Wear and tear owns you.

before i turboed my del sol (stock b18c swap) i ran a 15.3… not that i am a “drag racer” so im sure driving at that time could have improved that, but i think a 15.4 is even a stretch.

i’d say mid to high 15’s i ran a 15.0 in my rsx type s with an intake and the k20 blows away a b16

last year my del sol had a stock b16 w/ bolt ons (intake, headers, exaust) ran 15.3’s all day long

number wise a k20 SHOULD blow a b16 away but in drag racing its all about the driver

No chance this happend.

Check for a concealed fogger nozzle (ala sneaky pete type setup) if he really does run that time. I don’t think the average sneaky kit can make that much difference. Unless he has a concealed power adder, it ain’t running 14.2

the car could always have more than that never belive a friend of a friend but a 99-00 B16 si w/ those mods will not run a 14.2

an ITR won’t run that fast. I seen stock EM1’s run as slow as 16.1