1/4 mile times

anyone here ever take there 240 down the 1/4 mile?

what kind of time did u post?

My 1993 DOHC KA, fully loaded, street tires, K&N cone - using G-tech:

– 16.5 @ (85-88?) MPH

=======

1993 KA-T, fully loaded, bald Michelin’s (teehee), running 4-5 PSI at the track:

• 14.6 @ 98 MPH (could have been better)

=======

With 7 PSI (car awaiting wideband), ditching the extra weight and some good tires, I should be able to pull a more interesting time hopefully! :slight_smile:

Since you’re asking though, most stock KA 240’s should pull 15.9-16.5 or so.

With an SR, times are all over the map based on boost, mods, and tons of other factors.

yeah, im curious after reading an article about a project car in hpi.

there project silvia s13 with a ca ran 13.23 with all the bolt ons, and upp’d boost before the driveshafts snapped.

My 90 SOHC will hit high 15’s with I/H/E. Its not much, but its enough to beat most DOHC’s.

My 93 DOHC KA, fully loaded, 17" Rims w/ street tire, aem intake, stg1 excedy clutch, and header back 2.25" exhaust

16.0 @ 87.34mph

thats a mph for a mid 15 pass, just need 15"s with a good tire

Stock SR w/ SMIC and 3 Inch Exhaust, 8.5 PSI.

14.0 @ 98mph

Nice time ^

SOHC VTEC Turbo
9psi, FMIC, 92 civic hatch

13.2 @ 112 <— have to double check the trap…

Old 90 240 hb, stock KA 16.3 @ ???

Brian Phung ran 13.0 @ 111mp/h, S13 KA-T (he asked me to post for him)

stock 95 zenki with 250 thosand km and k&n intake filter, not even a cone, ran just under 16 secconds cayuga in the cscs event :smiley: now sr powered, yet to run

hks gt-rs @ 17psi

s14

12.2@118mph

going to do 11s this year or ill kill myself

See sig

im gunna go to cayuga for the first time this year, see how i fare.

never done a pass before, so this will be fun.

my numbers will be 1) terrible and 2) inconsistent lol

my hopes are to do a 14 or 13 second pass by summers end.

ive got the goods now, but driver skill will need to come along since this will be a first, i fear my launches / rt will do me in for bad passes.

what engine are you running? and mods? because let me tell you, how fast 13 secconds really is lol it might not be as easily reached as you think… just sayin

im aware its not easily reached, but im gunna aim for a high 13 - 14 second pass

ca18det, quite healthy

sr t25 with taka lines
trust downpipe
trust cat back
trust fmic kit
ssac manifold
ssac dumppipe
walbro 255
turbo xs bov
ngk iridium plugs
k and n cone filter

kei office coils
16’ kei office wheels (havent decided on rubber yet)

theres a few other tidbits i cant remember at this moment
more mods will be too come before summer, at the moment im shopping for a koyo rad

still using the oem 370cc injectors
gunna go with 10 lbs so i dont max em out too badly

i think a low 15 to high 14 pass is within reach, and with bigger injectors and some minor engne managment 13 would be aswell.

but that would depend on some decent tires and a good driver, which i would need to practice at.

ive never taken an interest in 1/4 passes until this year. im fairly new to it.

i dont wanna say im gunna do this and do that tho, summer will tell when i get there for the first time.

for the guys how have been doing passes for some time, please correct me if my thoughts are off track. im not trying to be a smartass or anything.

like i said, i wanna get in 1/4 passes a bit this summer. never done it before.

Low 14s should be easy on that setup with decent tires and driving.

370cc injectors should be more than fine up to 15 psi on that turbo, don’t know about the CA18 MAFS though.

Also, your reaction time doesn’t effect your 1/4 mile time.

i can easily picture msyelf having a plus 1 second reaction time. lol. im slow off the clutch.

im also not sure what the ca mafs are capable of. ill have to do some research.

that thought compleetly skipped my mind, not that i wanna upgrade at the moment or anything, lord knows im quite content with my setup.

eevrything is either in my posession or installed except for the turbo and fmic which are on there way to my house.

Don’t worry about your R/T matty, it doesn’t affect your final time. Practice some launches!

Keep an eye out for a trip down to cayuga the first weekend its open, a bunch of west enders will be giong for sure.

I pulled a 15.9 @85.4mph

95 240SE
5 spd w/centerforce stageII
K&N drop in and cat-back
stock susp w/65K
stock rims with michilen pilot’s
nothing removed from car and mostly full levels.

My Kouki hasn’t broken the 15’s yet haha… I think 16.1 was the best time so far… but that was on blown susp. and improperly set up clutch.