Why is my car so slow?

So I tried to see my 0-100 times the other day just to see how bad an auto is (in the process of getting 5spd parts) so I get this horrible time
0-100 10 seconds give or take :shock:
Im like wtf no 240 is this slow got the stock 0-100 times from the internet

First number is 0-100 and second number is 1/4 mile
1989 Nissan 240SX 8.8 16.5
1990 Nissan 240SX SE 8.8 16.5
1991 Nissan 240SX SE 7.9 16.1
1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible 9.6 17.3
1993 Nissan 240SX SE 8.4 16.3
1995 Nissan 240SX SE 8.3 16.1
1995 Nissan 240SX SE-R 8.0 15.8
So my car shud be around 8 seconds give or take I guess but not 10 seconds.
So then im on the 407 like lets just see some max speed test (very empty highway with like honestly no one in sight) so im going and my car will not go over 170km/h. Like at 165 it hits 4th and it will just not go any further than 170. So im wondering why my performance is so bad mabey its timing or something as my engine does seem to shake more than a normal 240 when idling.
I have these basic engine mods
injen shortram intake
Full 2.5" catback with magnaflow high flow cat to magnaflow exhaust
SO is it just the shittyness of auto or is there somthing more to why my 96 240sx is so damn slow.
And btw when im around 60 or so it pulls way more to around 120 than 0-60km/h.

speeding is illegal :squintnono: :rofl:

often aftermarket upgrades make your car slow, make sure your intake is installed correctly and seeks enough air, make sure your air temp sensor is hooked up if you have one, do a tune up, and 240s have speed limiters at 180 or somewhere around there

What size of tires do you have :lol:

Check compression, timing, oil, spark plugs, spark wires.

Anyways.

It’s a 240sx.

240Sx tops out at 193 …at least mine does…i dunno why yours is so slow…something wrong with it…

I’d say it’s the automatic thing. If you’d rev it high up and drop her in D or perhaps give 'er a 2,000 RPM brake stand you might get some better numbers…if you’re willing to…lol.

My point is you’re probably losing most of the time on the launch somehow.

Also remember:

When viewing this list, please keep in mind that day to day testing conditions are not always perfect (or even consistent) due to weather and track conditions! The results that “the experts” have provided may NOT reflect what your car is capable of doing under your conditions. This list is only meant to be a guideline, NOT THE GOSPEL!!!

Cars also generally will get slower as they age & lose compression etc…

One last thing, at 165-170km/h in 4th you’re probably hitting the fuel-cut at 5,500 RPM. Shift to 5th and you should be able to make it to 180-190km/h before the limiter kicks in, if you’ve still got it.

I dont think the Autos have a 5th gear…^^^

i dont know where u got that info from but i have never heard of fuel cut off in 4th at 5500rpm…i can go up to 6200rpm at like 185

thats in 4th gear btw

oops my bad…i just realized and auto might have a cut off

I think the autos escaped the limiter and i’m smoking something really bad for mentioning 5th gear… :oops:

:lol:

349k huh? lol.

91+ have 7000rpm gauge, I notice yours says also 115mph, thats an 89-90.

Interesting stuff.

Mines an auto…it goes to 193 i have a digital speedometer hooked up thats why i know 193…lol…it should get there…my engine has alot of km too…and the timeing chain is starting to go .so soemthing must be wrong…but i have no idea what…good luck!

all the auto 240sx’s ive seen, well atleast s13s dont have a speed limiter…

aaaah no wonder! I hit about 195 or so on mine and it kept going but it was slightly downhill but yeah now it makes sense haha

Auto’s have a fuel cut, manuals have a speed limitter (plus both having proper rev limiters).

As for the shitty times, I would agree with DFJ and attribute it to it being an auto… mags check times with the stick, so they get the best times posible… not to mention guys driving them that have waaayy more experience launching than the both of us…

advertised times can probably be matched by less than 25% of the cars that roll off the line… they always pick a good one to let the mags test.

Lucky Theo has one of those 25%! :x

5 speed has a speed cut which is usually around 180km
Auto’s may have a fuel cut at a certain rpm in 4th…(not sure about that)

If you take a auto comp and put it into a 5 speed you only have rev limiter. Put it on a KA-t and you can hit over 200kmh in 4th gear… I just found that out last night while haveing fun with a bike.

My G/F was in the car so I did not put it into 5th and keep going …but i will soon enough.

You can only hit 193?

yep…goes 190 193…190 193 then i stoped holding the gas…