Speed cut off SR20DET ???

Hey guys Im getting mixed replies on this. My friend tells me his SR20DET cuts out at 190-200 and others are telling me they have gone 220-240 with out a speed cut controler.

Does anyone know if an SR20DET has a speed limiter and at what speed?

189 km/h

same as a ka

a blitz ecu will solve that problem :wink:

yea… like 190km or like 5300rpm in 5th gear

i’ve had the pleasure of running a blitz access ecu thou without speed cut… and being able to take 3rd gear to where 5th cuts out is nice :smiley:

i gotta come up with something to kill the speed cut over this winter.

and being able to take 3rd gear to where 5th cuts out is nice :smiley:

[/quote]

i’ve learned that bikes don’t like that too much though…

and being able to take 3rd gear to where 5th cuts out is nice :smiley:

[/quote]

i’ve learned that bikes don’t like that too much though…[/quote]

I would re-gear my 125s so I could just ring the snot out of them in 3rd gear and not worry about using 4th since the click up would result in a click down shortly after so why bother… lol.

And on up hill jump having to leave the powerband in 3rd to click to 4th is a risk I never liked taking.

some have some dont its weird.

my s14 did but my s13 didnt. whacky stuff, they were installed the same. i havent figured out what it is, and no one really knows for sure. then agin the white car didnt have a rev limiter either.

and 3rd only goes to like 140, 4th goes to 200 or so.

yeah thats what I’m talking about…cams? :wink:

MY 240 has gone 208 KHH with the KA…i guess the owner before me took the limiter off…i know this casue i have a speical speedometer that shows you more then 180 its digital

^ Do you by anychance have a coupe? :roll:

I was going to get that greddy speed limiter cut controller but then I spoke with a few people and they all sugested I don’t buy it especially if I will be getting a Blitz ECU in the future, it would be a waste of money to purchase a speed limiter cut controller.

Thanks for the help guys.

BRRAAPAPAPPAPPAPAPAPPAPAAPAAPAP 189km/h

an Apexi Rev/Speed Meter will allow you to change top speed as well as rev limit… their actually pretty neat if you buy the G sensor as well.

but a blitz access ECU is even better.

lol does the coupe lcd go over 199

lol does the coupe lcd go over 199[/quote]

I dunno i was just asking if he had a coupe. Because unless he has Gtech or somthing Im not sure how his speedo is digital.

Coupe speedo will most likely max out at 199 KM/H…

But let’s not forget you can switch it to MPH. 199 MPH. :noes:

Heh, I’ve always wondered that.

The digital speedo on the 200sx goes to 188. I know this for a fact. But we haven’t tried to max it out in MPH …

188 mph is a) likely way faster than the car will go and b) I don’t want to find out how this thing will handle at 312 km/h

Stock Speedo’s are off 5% so at 180km which the ECU is electronically
cut off at, moving 180km actually reads 189km/h on the speedo.

Blitz ECU, Enthapy, Bikirom, AEM EMS, TechTom Tune, Greddy Speed Cut
Controller etc. will eliminate the speed cut problem we all suffer from.

You would think that but When I switched it to MPH it stoped at 123mph.

Even though my AEM EMS Read up to 267kph

man, now i want a coupe speedo, switch to mph, and go ahead remove speed limiter and see it go high through the sky, i know its probably only gonna go up to 250km/h with a good running motor