Removing Speed Limiter

Is there any way to remove the speed limiter while keeping use of the speedometer and tach? I read that if I cut the Yellow w/ green stripe wire at the ECU, the limiter would disappear, but it’s still there. Any ideas?

just the sensor on the tranny that is at the back and on the top…it’ll be gone then

Apexi Rev Speed Meter

Unfortunally not on Nissans dood…

how do i get to these sensors?

why would you want to go over 180km/h anyway?

Actually, its 185.07km/hr give or take depending on tread wear.

There are some times when we are on private roads and trying a top speed run. right?

Unfortunally not on Nissans dood…[/quote]

sorry. you’re wrong. I had an apexi rev speed meter…
i’ve been 200+km/h

hehehe i know i’ve hit 230…hehehe

To access this sensor, jack up the car, et on your back(i’m sure you are familure with this position :stuck_out_tongue: ) and cut the sensor at the top by the shifter at the back of the tranny…Gone no more speed sensor

You mean disconnect the 5th gear sensor? I was under the impression
that that is all that is required but I’m being told that you need to put in a
switch on one of the ECU wires so you can go past 180km but your
speedo won’t work.

news to me…my speedo works fine, but then again i have auto ecu…so i dunno

i also rev higher for some reason and hit weird speeds in 3rd…

Bad idea, lots of shit happens when you cut that. No speedo, no odo, no cruise control, and your engine may cut out intermittently.

Unfortunally not on Nissans dood…[/quote]

sorry. you’re wrong. I had an apexi rev speed meter…
i’ve been 200+km/h[/quote]

You had one in your 240sx?

What wires do you cut and splice into?

Bad idea, lots of s**t happens when you cut that. No speedo, no odo, no cruise control, and your engine may cut out intermittently.[/quote]

I have never run into any of that. My car ran perfecty fine. And i can say without a doubt that the cr has been well psast 200kph and has read that. So do what you want, my speedo works but i dont have cruise so i dunno and the motor never cuts out

Cheers

If you run an Auto ECU you don’t need to cut the wires since that ECU doesn’t have a speed limiter. The best way to try it out is plug in an Auto ECU and give it a whirl.

If you run an Auto ECU you don’t need to cut the wires since that ECU doesn’t have a speed limiter. The best way to try it out is plug in an Auto ECU and give it a whirl.[/quote]

Don’t you mean that an auto ecu doesn’t have a rev limiter.

yes you still have a revlimiter ask jantos he’s running an auto ecu…just for somereason mine revs out to 8000+ i don’t know why.

and speed cut i dunno, i don’t feel like jacking the car 3 feet in the air and connecting the 5th gear sensor to find out if i don’t have a speed cut

I don’t know about S13’s, but my understanding of the auto S14 is that the signal goes from the auto tranny to the odo, speedo, etc, and then to the ECU where there is a speed limiter on the ECU, not a rev limiter.

I just have to cut the signal wire leading to my ECU, and voila! no more electronic speed limiter.

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/spdgov.htm

Hope this helps.

Okay maybe I wasn’t clear in my first post. An auto ecu doesn’t have a rev limiter, it has a speed limiter. A 5 speed ecu has both a rev limiter and a speed limiter.

Wrong. I have an Auto 1991 S13, brought my car to 200+km/h my previous 5spd would only do 190±2 because it would hit the speed limiter.