Honda part warantee question

My GF’s 02 RSX has a shitty wheel bearing in the back, and we JUST replaced it. I followed the procedure in the manual to the T and torqed it down to the correct specs and everything. It was silent for a couple weeks and then on my trip back down to Charlotte, it started to hum, LOUDLY. I called Honda down here where we bought it and they said that it gets covered under their 12month 12K mile warenty.

The catch though is this: They need to have a work order from the “technician” who installed it so that they know it was really installed. Since I did it myself, how can I “get” a work order?

u cant because u are not a mechanic. stupid question is this a oem honda part

Ya, OEM Honda rear hub assembly. Bought in the middle of November.

they will warranty the part with a reciept they wont warranty the work as they only warranty honda technicians.

fucked.

They will just blame your work.

Im not sure if i still have the original wheel wearing that was on the car and the box that the new wheel bearing came in. Im not sure if I have the receipt. Is this something that I can take off the car and bring it in to the dealership and play dumb? Tell them I dont keep service records? lol

The only reason that Im trying to get around the system is that a rear wheel bearing for her car is $300 from the dealer and you cant get an after market one yet because they dont make them since the car is “too new” :gotme:

did the dealer take your info when u bought the part and no because it has a 12 month warranty on it there for there is no way to tell when that part was put on. all my dealership purchases are done through a buisness so they always have my warranty stuff on file

What info do you mean? My name, number, etc? Or the info on the car? They looked my personal info up on the computer and that was it. They asked what kind of car it was, obviously, and ordered the part. Is there a way that I can make my own work invoice on Excel or some word type program? There is no way that you can put 12k mile on a car in a month and a half, at least not with my driving.

it doesnt matter if u didnt pay them to install it there not going to warranty the labor ir doesnt work like that. they asked you for the reciept because they already see they didnt install it. if u forge a honda work order it is a legaldocument and considerd fraud. when i was a service writer at pepboys when the customer who installed there brakes came back with defective pads the we wernt going to install them for them for there inconvience if you wanted a full warranty on the part you should of payed the labor the first time. there is also obviously something else wrong to just because u hear a humming doesnt mean its that same bearing

Well Im not completely retarded, I know what a shitty wheel bearing sounds like and I know where its coming from.

When I called Honda they just said I needed to bring in the “work order” from “whoever installed it”. They said “we just need to see what the mileage was when it was installed and what it is now. Since you bought it here, we can look it up in the computer to see when it was bought but we need to verify your mileage”

Im not looking to fake a HONDA receipt. I want to basically make my own for MY labor/install.