HONDA QUESTION: B20Z B18B

Hello, can someone help me with the following question. I did a bunch of searches online but couldn’t find any good info on this.
My GF has a 99 Honda CRV that has a bad cylinder head. The engine is B20Z (the higher compression B20B). I was wondering if its possible to swap a B20B or B18B head onto it and not run into problem with valves hitting the pistons since the B20Z has higher compression.
Thank you

You’ll be fine with any of them.

Do you know if I’ll need to swap the cams from B20 head or will B18B cams work.

Do a b16 vtec head yo or a b18 vetec so ya can go fast when vvvvteeccccccc kicks in yo

and put NOS IN IT YOO

… awaiting retarded childish response from specialkid

I doubt a head from a lower compression motor will have PTV clearance issues. You should be fine. The difference between different stock cams is also probably minimal. Compression increases efficiency. So dropping compression may compromise power and fuel economy. Altho it may not be noticeable.
What you need to research is the chamber volume between the different heads. Cause it could be the pistons that are different to change CR and not the head volume. Or a combination of both.

BTW. How do we know this head is bad? Is it too warped to mill flat? Cracked? Or is it cheaper to get a new head then to repair the current one.?

The problem with the heads on em is that the valves sink into the head and lowering compresion . Pretty common and rebuilding head is Prolly the same as buying a used head . But rebuilding it will Prolly be better seeing as a used one will do it again lol

From my understanding the shop told him that 2 cylinders burned their exhaust valves and there is no compression in them among with a random multiple misfire.

:ponder

Random misfire is cause of the 2 cyls skipping , the valves rarely burn most of the time its the valves getting Hung in heads partially open therfore dropping commpresion

The valves get too tight, and sink into the head, common problem in the B20. The manual says to check them every 100k in the USDM manuals, and 30k in the EDM/JDM ones… but yes you can do the B18 head on the B20. Lots of info to read through, but it works, same as an LSVtec, more or less. You will need stud adapters I believe, there maybe more, I dont recall, search on http://www.crvownersclub.com and www.hondasuv.com . My '00 CRV has been throwing P1399 and P0302, but I had the valves adjusted 5k ago (at 130k), so Im going to do cap/rotor/plugs/wires and fuel filter, and hope for the best.