Honda Question - Need Help

I have a 1999 honda civic ex. A while back it threw a check engine light. I borrowed my dads code reader thing and it said the catalytic converter is bad. The car is inspected until april so i’m not worried about getting a new cat right now so every couple weeks i double check to make sure it hasn’t thrown any more codes. I went to check it today and nothing happened. The unit did not turn on. I wanted to check the unit to make sure it was not broken and plugged it into my moms car (which is also obd2) and it worked perfectly. Has this happened to anyone before or can anyone give me some ideas on what to do. Thanks

probably a blown fuse. I think the OBD2 port is usually powered by the cigarette lighter fuse

the cigarette lighter works though…does anyone know what fuse it is connected to…i don’t want to start pulling random fuses

thanks

how many times have you tried it, and have the unit not respond? Are you sure you have the key in the "on " position?

wow…

yea man i’m sure i have the key in the on position…i tried about 10 times…sometimes car was on sometimes car was off

i checked all the fuses and they are fine…I found out what wires are positive and ground on the back of the actual port… I did a continuity check pin 4 to ground and the ground is good. I also measured the voltage at the lower right pin at roughly 13 volts DC.

Still nothing…the unit is totally fine and turns on in other vehicles but does not even come up saying “No Signal” or anything of that nature

This never happened to anyone before???
Any Ideas???

hey buddy i don’t think you checked all of the fuses

Same thing happened to me…it was a blown fuse in the engine compartment…its a tought little fuse to get to but it was the…interior lights i believe…its a little 7.5 fuse in the back

I gaurentee that fuse is blown…check it and let me know

thanks boynez21 - i feel like an idiot now cause i didn’t check those fuses