honda struts?

i have a 98 honda civic lx lowered 1.5 inchs all the way around on an Eibach pro kit well i lowered the rear on stock struts even though they were almost brand new they didnt hold up can any one recommend a decent strut maybe Tokico or Kyb any suggestions thx

Wow, you blew one already? Tokiko Blues/Illuminas are cheap enough and will be fine for a DD. Koni non-adjustables (the red ones…not the Sport/Yellow variants) are a great choice as well.

whats wrong with the yellows?

I’m assuming he was referring to price considering the yellows are more $$$$$:cool:

Right Rob…was sticking to cheap stuff, I doubt he’d want to spend that kind of money

I had Koni reds on mine w/ Eibach Sportlines for a long time, and it was a super solid setup for daily driving duties.

they both blew lol one day the one the next day the other i should of just changed them when i lowered it but i figured they only had about 3000 miles on OEM Struts i figured they would hold up for only an 1.5 inches now i dont want to be super cheap because you get what you pay for but i dont want to dump a shit load into it neither as i dont want to have it this time next year but thx everyone for your input so if i want a decent strut for a decent price go with the non adjustable Koni’s?

o and if some one can refer me to a good website for the struts once we figure out which will work best for me

http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/productsdisplay.php

These guys are good, and showing roughly 280 for a full set of Koni Streets, 400 for Koni Reds, and 595 for Yellows

i have a pair of tokico blues brand new i’ll sell for 75 for the pair. 412-613-9478 if interested.

how are the tokicos?

they’re non-adjustables, they’ll give you a good balance between performance and ride quality, and for the money you can’t beat it.

if you want a cheaper alternative and still have adjustability, check out kyb agx’s as they’re supposed to be pretty decent as well. tirerack usually has pretty good prices on some shocks.