Honda Transmission Question

Got in an argument with my friend the other day :slap:

Just need a yes or no answer to this question…do not need made fun of…

My friend has a 99 civic ex with a d16y8 and a manual transmission

He wants to do a b16 swap

If he gets a b16 out of a 99 or 2000 civic si do they make any sort of adapter plates so he can use his d16y8 transmission?

I told him I never heard of that…he doesn’t know much about civics and said that there has to be something that he can do so he doesn’t have to buy a transmission

So - a yes or no answer to this question - Can you swap a b16 and use a d16 transmission? :cool:

no

no and you wouldent want to. D series trannys dont hold b series power. they make a D to B but not a B to D, The cost of the plate alone prob would be more then the tranny anyway.

no

thanks

captain chaos…taht link in your sig for your car in the magazine is bad fyi

ok I have another question and instead of making a new thread I will just askin on here

again - friend doing swap - got b16a2 engine out of 2000 si. He now agrees with me and needs a transmission also. But the new question is about the ECU. Does he need to get a new ecu? Or are they the same or is there any sort of jumper harness that he can use or what? I have no clue on ecu’s. All i know is its a stock 1999 obd2 ecu out of a manual civic.
Thanks in advance.

my friend has a b18b with a d series tranny code on it i donno

The b16a2 P2T is different from the d16y8’s P2P.

just get a obd2 comuter out of a B16a2 it will plug in,

I think the number is P30

your gonna want a “P2T” ECU from a '99-‘00 Si. this is the only car that ECU came in. you can use jumper harness’ and other ecu’s that are chipped per your spec, but utilizing a P2T is the easiest way

Thanks!

Also if you happen to need a 99-00 SI ecu I got one its from my brothers car that was boosted with hondata so he didnt need it.

you can run any VTEC ECU with that setup with the proper map and OBD conversion harness p72, p73, p28 etc. OBD2 a or b will be fine with that motor, OBD1 ECu’s will need the conversion harness

hell no you can crossbreed b and d series…thats like taking a shit and wiping with sandpaper…it just dont make sense…single cam tranny on a dual cam engine…no effin way

thanks oleg…cleared that up top though