Honda4life's EP3 Build

well i decided to finally pull the trigger on another car. My dad had got in a accident with his em2 and decided to look for another car. He was on ebay the one day and came across a 2003 Honda Civic SI in Cleveland OH. buy it now price was $5,400 i think, he made a offer and the guy said he would call him back. Few minutes later he got a call back and they accepted his offer of $4,500. He took a grayhound bus out and picked up the car, they put a temporary plate. of course i got harassed all day about how he didn’t get the car blah blah. i dropped his mustang off that day and he opened up the garage and i feel in love. Car is spotless no rust anywhere body and underneath, bone stock, except a set of gay ass rims and a fart cannon welded on, engine bay clean, interior is a little beat up, but nothing that can’t be fixed, all records and regular maintenance up to date. Dad then decided he wanted to keep the em2 as he got a smoking price from his friend to get it all fixed up. that’s where i came in and said if you sell the car i want. Pulled the trigger and gave him what he paid for the car. just waiting on the paper work to come from the dealer so i can get it on the road. in the mean time im going to get the car inspected this weekend since the temp plate is still good, and get that out of the way.
dealer photos

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j454/honda4life89/1FF801CB-A20D-450D-8119-40F8AC647A47-5602-0000029E89C4BC5C.jpg

in the driveway

a present came for me, no its not a dildo!
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j454/honda4life89/A74C5A4B-771D-4B03-9197-14779C7A0C17-5602-0000029E53011873.jpg
before and after of the em2

sweet instagay photo

and the addiction starts, ebay 2.5" catback

k and n cold air intake, got a screaming deal on it.

parked in the garage

ricer pedals need to go

Haven’t had time to work on the car much as, i have been working 2 jobs and helping dad with stuff on the mustang, this friday hes buging me to put the lip and fogs on his em2 :(. I haven’t started the exhaust as i found out some idiot welded the cat to the mid pipe so there is no flange :ham: I ordered a “high flow cat” that should be here any day now. Next year i would like to auto x the piss out of it.
Future plans for the ep3:
-lca’s
-strut bars
-raceland coilovers
-rsx type s rear swaybar
-lip
-fogs
-kpro
-dc sports 4-2-1 header
-different wheels and tires (going to paint the ones on there now bronze see how it looks)
-drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads (car has new brakes on it now, so when these wearout i’ll upgrade)
-eventually boost when i get bored with n/a
way down the road plans:
-6spd tranny
-k20a2 head

Can’t wait to make this thing go fast

Annnndddddd…your mom!

I guess with a tune and I/h/e these things can see about 198-200hp all day that’s pretty quick, seeing its a go kart as it is now.

Not a bad car, makes me miss my old black ep3 a little bit. Altho that car was never anywhere near where it should of been mpg wise. I love the seats and way these things drive but I cant stand for the life of me that stupid dildo shift in the middle of the dash. I know it makes for better/ easier shifts but I like to have my hand down on the shifter and not out in front of me reaching out at the dash. Car looks clean tho, keep up the progress and pics, a nicely done ep3 is always a good time!

$4500 seems like a steal for that, how many miles on it?

Thanks man I always snap pics, I actually like the placement of the shifter. Mpgs are decent 28-30, which seems about right. It’s going to be a slow progress but ill get it where I want it to be.

It’s got 163k :/, kinda of alot but then again it’s a Honda and well maintained, I’ve seen these cars go for $4,000-$5,500 all day and some In worse shape.

Ill throw my scanguage Eco on here and record my mpgs when I get it on the road.

Tsx swap, now

Ehhhhh, idk

:tup:

Very nice looks clean except for that alien dildo on the center console. Ill tune-in to this build.

Thanks guys I’m getting excited to wrench if I get some free time I guess the dp/high flow cat won’t be here till 6/24… Slow bastards

It does have a few ding and dents here and there but that’s expected for a 10 year old car

It seriously sucks that Honda put one of the worst k series engines in these cars. These are slower than the stock em1. Less power than a GSR. No 6 speed. I still kind of like them, though

Aint that the truth! 160hp from the factory, they have potential, there more better for boost, but people have noted that with Boltons they can easily see the 200hp mark with a tune. What’s the worst case scenario I rock the a3 till it blows and get the a2 with a 6spd from a rsx type s? Or fined a wrecked type s now were talking

Seems to be making more progress than your last civic build thread…

so can i buy this one from you after a fuse blows and you cant get it running haha

Well it is a running car!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu