Hood/Car Painting cost

You are missing many key details I need to make an est:

• What kind of car?
  • Color change? If so, what about jambs, under hood/trunk?
  • What color?
  • Whats the end result need to be?

Here is the thing. If you brought me a car with “body work” already done and just wanted it painted… I generally wouldnt do it. Reason being, reputation. If your body work isnt on par with mine, and I just shot it it could have; missed lows, waves, sanding scratches, shrinkage, miss-shaped lines, etc. then my paint would show that. When people ask “who painted the car” and you say CRC, if its not followed up with a “But I did all the body work” every time, people assume I did the body work… not good for my rep. Little test… what filler do you use? Whats the final grit you use prior to primer/sealer? What do you use to sand your work? on a flat panel do you sand vertically, horizontally, circles, X’s??? I want to gauge the level of work, no offense… just want to see how much work you are actually saving/making for me.

If you wanted anything more than a “make it all one color” paint job, I would be going over all the body work and remainder of the body myself anyways. Maybe fixing your work, maybe not.

Also “2 coats of base” shouldn’t be a demand… coat number is a necessity and differs every job, every color, ever paint type, etc. There are many variables that can make it a 2 coat, 3, or 8 coat job. Shit paint that doesnt cover needs many coats. Lights shot over darks need more coats. metalics need about 2-3 good wet coats then a few high speed high pressure dust passes to smooth the flake, pearls need 4+ coats… You tell me the color, and Ill do the hard work.

I could take a “ready to spray” car, and paint it for $1000, or $10,000. it all depends.