Hooter's Mod ski

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/Lakeside518/downsized_0709012026.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/Lakeside518/downsized_0709012010.jpg

Just have to install the Race #'s. I’ll be rippin bouys on it tomorrow on Sacandaga lake. Along with my Riva yamaha Spec Blaster.

Next build will be a Yamaha waveblaster with a 1200 cc conversion for Sport gp class! That bitch will rip your arms off. :ninja

How fast do they go??!?!? :slight_smile:

I have limited time on a ski, my gf’s rents had a pair of Kawasaki Utlra; 150 and a 250x.

The 250x had some work done apparently from the previous owner and I maxed it out at 72 on a gps. I thought that was fucking fast. Didn’t handle that bad, but then again, I am not a seasoned rider by any means. whats it like to ride a race prepped machine VS a out of box ride?

This is a relatively weak Mod ski. No porting, just a bored out 720 w/ a high compression head, piped, MSD programmable water injection, MSD total loss digital ignition, modified water routing, jetworks flow valve, intake manifold, Modified 44mm novi-tec carbs, R&D 88/85mm nozzles, 14.5/22.5 Skat-trak swirl impeller, tach, K&N flame arrestors, primer kit.

When this engine blows I will do a ported 800-951cc build with this ski.

Rev’s out right now at 7450-7500 rpm

I haven’t ran it on gps yet. I have been tuning the bottom end. I need togo up a jet.

I would say it pulls hard 0-61 or 62 mph… You have to hang on for dear life!!

Runs on 104 octane right now.

It has some handling mods… R&D ride plate and intake grate. Baker hydraulic dump nozzle kit. It needs some sponsons for ripping bouys…

I subbed/nose stabbed a turn at 40+ mph and ripped the top black cowl right off the ski yesterday. I didn’t even notice it was gone till I got back to shore… It’s an adrenaline rush just trying to hang onto it. Picking up another cowl tomorrow.

Speed is limited to the Hull design. How wet the hull is aka Drag!

It’s very difficult to push a Mod HX or Blaster aka B1 beyond 62-65 mph! Take alot of HP. Around 125-165 HP to achieve those speeds.

I can’t wait to build a pump gas Blaster that does 62-65 mph! It will be insane. I spend more time building skis then working on my car.

Zim

A race machine is like running motocross. It’s all about how fast the ski can carve the buoy and accelerate to the next turn. Holeshot is key!!.. It’s much harder for a race ski to pass in pump wash. So it has to run like a raped ape!

Edit: A race prepped ski with a seasoned rider can rail a course a WOT without ever letting off. Basically leaning over the water in the turns. It’s something to watch.

There will be a local race last weekend in August on Sacandaga lake. I believe the location will be at that Bar that hosts the ice races in the winter. I forget the name. All who are interested, should come check it out. If your interested in racing you can PM. There are multiple classes.

http://www.uwpinc.com/

Here’s a McKenna 1100 kawi comversion waveblaster Vid… Rippin bouys

http://youtu.be/uKrkLW9oomE

Pump gas! No porting. Just an engine swap! Riding these skis gives a full body workout.

800cc Sport Mod class Race Vid with Scottie McKenna’s helmet cam. Along with a couple other heats.

http://youtu.be/XDs0_S3byPA

Good shit man. Looks like a blast!

Cool shit man, I would love to swing up, its about 15 mins from my house.

The place is Lanzis on the lake. I grew up with the family somewhat and know the owners. I will make some plans to head up and meet ya.

Yeah it’s a good time… Do you have a boater’s Lic? Seeing how you have some seat time I can let you try a sport ski. Once you ride one, your hooked tho.

Spec class is the cheapest to race. You can find spec legal Blaster’s for $2000-3500… Sometimes $1500-1700

It’s just a bolt-on class. No porting or magnum pumps. Spec blaster’s fully built won’t go any faster then 53 mph but they pull f’in hard. The class was created to revive the sport. 2 cycle industry is dying out. Not many of us wanna race 4 cycle couches that weigh 2000+ lbs.

Yeah I had/have one. I dont have the paper anymore, I took the class years ago. So i am not sure if its something that sticks with you on the DMV if I were to get a ticket or something. A ride would be sweet! ill bring my helmet! LOL and yeah i am sure ill be hooked! they were a blast to putz around, but kinda got board with it on a open lake. Racing and gates would be more my thing for sure.

either way Ill make a day of it with the wife and head up for sure. if you would, please PM me when it gets close so i dont forget! :slight_smile:

I have a Kawi 1100 ZXI any good?

It isn’'t a dog. We use that engine & dry out the pipe to build 64 mph arm ripping yamaha waveblasters. A couple locals are looking for that engine. I found a Kawi on CL for $750 but it said two cylinders/pistons were toast :frowning:

That engine in combination with the light weight hull of a B1 with a 144mm pump is badass!

Well I dont know how correct the speedo is on the ski but I’ve got it in the mid 60’s

I’ve been neglecting the ski lately cause the crownline 21’ with a 7.4 is faster lol

Things gotta move out pretty good

That dude is obviously high considering his music choice.

what the fuck, serious.

It’s awesome to holeshot but it scares me everytime…

1. It’s a massive rubberband. I have and it hit my arm and leave a massive welt. OUCH!

2. There are 10-17 skis behind you. There is usually a split to reduce skis in turn one… So figure 5-8 skis in turn one… Rubbin is racing but I have seen legs get broken. Rubbing is nothing. lol My Blaster has battle scares.

Last year in Rochester the waves were 4-6 ft rollers. It was hard togo WOT in the back stretch, you would air out at 8-10 ft. I subbed a tight turn and managed to hang on. My buddy Wetworx (own’s a PWC mod shop here locally) Ran right over me. Thats how deep I went. F’in scary shit. lol

I wouldn’t trade it for anything tho.

Lic you need one you… You can goto DMV and have them send you a new one.

Chris Macclugage’s Tim Judge modified Yamaha FZR in Open Mod GP class is insane to watch. Or the Frame’s Team National guard ski. Boosted 4 cycles that can run 80-90mph or more. You can hear the Blow off’s from shore…

Yeah same reason I only ride practice days for MX… too many idiots on dirtbikes that think they are Bubba Stewart in turn 1, just to get a plastick trophy. fuccck that. I run them in practice days and smoke them, and run with expert riders and hang right with them, something I cant do in novice or am until to advance and spend a ton of money and time to move up. not worth it to me.

ill hit up the DMV when i go regi the trailer here soon, and get a copy of my lic.

Thats what I want to see! Do they make drag skis? That would be bad ass I think! What sized turbos? 28R’s?

http://youtu.be/R5KQ7fwKkGY

SURF riding with Blaster’s. Backflips & barrel rolls.

I never get involved in Mod GP… Way out of my budget… 50-75 grand jet skis.

10 G’s is as deep as I will go.

They do organize drag ski events. Several of the Mod 800cc blaster’s enter. Anyone who knows Tim Judge, knows he builds mean engines. I have had him do some porting & carb mods for me in the past. Pricey, but well worth it.

I have been riding for 24 years. I started out at a very young age.