HOT or NOT

im thinking of one for a new DD… the jeep will be paid off in may

I beg to differ. I think that Chevy’s V6 is bland, and falls flat on it’s face.

go drive an equinox, lmk how you feel about it…besides the plastic interior and hard seats.

you sure you’re not talking about the base equinox with the 185hp 3.4, as opposed to the 265 HP 3.6?

regardless, apples to apples, thats in an AWD 5000 lb suv. Even my LS2 fell flat on its face stock in a truck that size.

It may very well have been the base. I don’t recall, all I remember from the drive was that the power was never there, not at any time during that 35 minute drive.

I also find it hard to believe your ls2 had issues in a truck like an equinox lol.

trailblazer, a little bigger but still an AWD SUV.
but yeah the 3.4 OHV in the base is old as fuck. the DOHC V6 is on a whole other level.

I heard those trailblazers can move pretty decent, but again that’s just hearsay. I’m gonna have to go find a car to test drive with that motor, I find it interesting to see the improvements, differences and advancements companies have done to create a better, more powerful product.

God I’m a nerd lol.

I really like the interior in this car for some reason…

Not bad but i wouldnt buy one, the more i experience imports the more i like, there i said it i’m swaying to the dark side :frowning:

:clap:

Its better than the previous malibu, which was about as awful as it could get. Definitely not hot though.

new malibu is an awesome car for GM, interior is nice, exterior is beautiful imo. They drive super nice too. :tup: have to keep the price down on them though…

does anyone think like i do and the taillights look like those of a vw-ish? maybe a little bit of bmw or volvo. definitly volvo.jessus those look familiar. kinda reminds me of the new camry front end. anywho, it is a typical american mashup of crap. Although, i have to give them credit they finally made a decent v6. they aren’t the first to put that much power to the wrong wheels though. The interior is pretty nice too. but im sure the dash is all that fucking cheap plastik. where is the old days of nice leather or even vinyl padded dashes.

My wife had a 2005 Malibu. Her lease was up and she was looking into new cars to get. We drove past the 2008 Malibu and she fell in love. Test drove one, now we have one in our driveway.

We have had it for 1500+ miles and I can say it’s probably honestly one of the best GM cars that we have owned so far. Yes, it’s not a lot of time or miles to put on it yet, but the car has a ton of bang for the buck.

This car is playing hardball with similiar price imports giving you a ton of standard features and keeping the $ low. The interior restyling is great. It doesn’t look like a Chevy inside. The exterior has a more modern look than previous versions and gets noticed. Yes, it does have a similiar rear end compared to the Buick Lucerne.

The ride is great. It is a very comfortable car. We haven’t made any long trips with it yet, but I don’t think it’ll be any issue for comfort. Going from a previous gen Malibu to this one is a little different. The new Malibu is a bit larger and has more roof area. So you find yourself looking a bit harder to your right when you plan on making a move into the right lane, etc.

But overall, based on the price, you get a ton of features even with a base model. I give GM a :tup: on the Malibu and hope they follow suit with their oher models on offering a lot and being able to compete with the imports.

And yes, I did try similiar model imports. I had a Camry and Accord as a rental for a few days. They were less than 8k mile rentals. I thought they rode like shit. These were probably close to base models, and looked and felt that way. I wasn’t impressed. This made me even more impressed with the Malibu since those are 2 of its direct competitors.

So for me (and my wife), :tup: :tup: 2 thumbs up

Huge step up from the previous Malibu, but not something I’d consider buying.

“hot” is a pretty strong word for any 4 door family sedan, but it’s clearly better than “not”.

First you are generalizing Chevy’s V6. There are five. 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.9, and 4.3. If you count the 2.8 Saab and the 3.8 GM builds seven v6’s right now.

The Equinox engine and the Malibu are totally different. The first is the big [outside the auto industry] secret that the Equinox engine is made in Shanghai. I’m sure TorqedSS tells that to all his potential Equinox customers (no offense just kidding with you). It has an iron block and makes 185 hp. The Malibu v6 is all aluminum and makes 252hp in Malibu apps. Same engine makes 263hp in Cadillac apps or 304hp with DI in Cadillac apps.

I wouldn’t say I’m a big fan of the new Malibu, but it’s a big improvement. Sometimes I think you guys miss Chevrolets demographic. It’s just transportation. The Malibu is not an Altima (although only 18hp short). The Malibu is not supposed to be the best $25k sedan ever. Why do you guys hold everything to that standard? Why not compare the Malibu to a Taurus and see how it does.

The Malibu is not supposed to be super sexy or high performing. It’s just a basic car. And, as the quote in Joe’s sig indicates, even if it was better than a comparable Nissan or Honda or VW in every category it would still suck because “GM sucks.” GM has the product, it’s that mentality which they themselves have created that is GM’s biggest obstacle.

Its a Mild Hybrid but the hybrid cost premium is only $535 (Based on Edmunds.com “True Market Value” and $1,300 hybrid tax credit.)
So for $500 bucks and a couple extra MPG I am willing to do it.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/autos/0711/gallery.hybrids_that_pay//3.html

i wouldent buy one but if i won 1
i would just sell it

The engine has power , the interior is crap! Such a cheap cheezy pice of plastic crap! I have nothing good to say about that.

whole care looks vw-ish. I think chevy has no idea how to make there own car anymore. Ill say it again, ford and dodge have my cards, and i have been gm all my life. Even there new trucks are built like crap! Fit and finish on them is garbage.