House mold (Renting)

Wow, I was about to make the exact same thread. I live at the Ritz (quite a few NYSpeeders have lived in this place). As many know it is a shithole and the ceiling has been leaking for years. Well I moved in because I needed to get out of my house and the people who live here rule.:gay2:The water that occasionally leaked into my bucket was kind of dirty looking. Since the weather has warmed up (and cooled down and warmed up…) the water has been BLACK. Coincidently I have never felt worse in my life. I’ve been short of breath 90% of the last 2 months. I’ve been eating better, I barely smoke and I even quit for a while but no difference. If it’s not related to this I’d be surprised. Our slumlord claims he is finally replacing the roof, as patching it didn’t work. But the chance that he will thoroughly take care of the mold is slim, so I’m calling on a new place today. Not worth the risk. Especially since I’m actually going to see a doctor, something I never do, and I have no insurance.

Oh yeah, one of my roommates (Les Beast) took a good whiff of the water that had dripped on his pillow and later coughed up blood! I’m debating whether to have the mold tested anonymously if i can find a place, just out of curiousity. I’m also mulling over blowing in the landlord after we can move out. Trust me, move out! We’re having trouble finding a place too, but it’s not worth feeling like shit every day.