House wiring question

If you need a hand splitting up the circuits for the xmas lights I can stop by and give you some help. I am an electrician and i live in Monessen.

I looked but didn’t find one. That’s why i threw it on my sig. Not sure if it matters, since in my experience, most Douche Bags don’t realize that they ARE douche bags, they just figure that the rest of us are just fucked up.:nuts: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I shot you a PM on your other question.

My dad is a contractor…does pretty much everything under the sun from small to big when it comes to his field of work. PM me for his number…he isn’t ridiculously expensive either

Does he do carpentry and/or plumbing? I have a new shower i need installed in my bathroom.

Yea he does it all…do you want the whole thing done from plumbing to the framing/wetwall to whatever finish you want like tile walls or something of the such?

EDIT:I just asked him if he would be willing to travel out saxonburg and he said it’s no problem at all. So let me know if you want something set up and he will come out to look at what needs done and give you a price that i can bet you can’t beat

This book is useful for DIY: Wiring Simplified

It’s only $10 and has been very helpful for diagnosing problems at home.

If you can find an electrician for 25-35 / hr, I would seriously consider that. Especially for the circuit design. Like Quik said, it will guarantee that you pass the electrical inspections.

for most ppl, ill take alook at your home if youre close to the area.

for most, all the :blah: isn’t worth it:D

hahahahahahaha

ISBN 0-86573-429-1

Wiring isn’t very hard at all, if you are at all do it yourself handy give it a try.

It is just something that people are scared to do because they don’t understand it or are afraid of getting shocked.

ive seen to many ppl do the guide to home wiring and have issues cause of it. many ppl read those books and have no clue how to wire a home but htink they can. i seen once in Life wiring book they showed you how to wire a receptacle wrong

majority of ppl think a house only has 2 colors lol

I did the wiring in my new basement without any books or anything. It’s pretty easy if you’re just doing switches and receptacles. I would call an electrician to do anything fancy or for a new service, but most normal house wiring can be done by anyone with an IQ over 35. my $.02

cut some holes, run some wire, plug it into the electrical box - it’s as easy as 1-2-3 :smiley:

hahahahahahahaha

Here are sketches of the current layout for breaker 11 and the new layout. Going to add a new 15A breaker with 14-2 NM-B cable, and replace the 1st receptacle in the new circuit with a GFCI. That 1st receptacle in the new circuit already has a larger box.

Any problems or comments on it?

You have to look at the files full size or you can’t see the cable runs.

Edit: changed to 14-2 cable. All the rest of the 15A are 14-2 and they have longer runs than this one.

If this is in your basement, i don’t think that you are required by code to have GFCI’s on the recepts. The one issue i see is that you have a GFCI in your basement feeding through to the outside recepts. So if the thing trips(and it will), then you have to go into the basement to reset it. Unless you already have the 14/2, and 15 amp breaker, i would go with a 12/2 20 amp circuit, just because.

It’s already setup with outside outlets on the GFCI. The GFCI by the breaker box was already there, so I figured I’d just duplicate what was already setup. And eventually the basement will be living area, so the GFCI will already be in place if it’s necessary. I already hate the one in my garage!

The existing receptacle wiring is already 14/2 so I can’t do the 20A circuit without replacing it all. Might do that when I rearrange the whole thing.

for what i understand you have to use GFCI in hte basements. at least the electrical inspector did not pass my house because of it. you can use one GFCI per circuit if i am correct if you use 12-3 wire. so if it trip on one outlet it will trip the whole circuit. since my basment was wired years ago i have to change all the outlets or redo the wiring.

You may very well be right about the basement rule, my experience runs more towards commercial than resi, but when i read your post i remembered that i have a GFCI in my basement.

You must use a GFCI in any unfinished basement. I have been an electrician for over 14 years. I.B.E.W. Local #5