How can I find out if I can put in another hard drive?

I like CS :dunno:

jinxxycat - it is that simple, as long as the jumpers are set correctly, which isn’t hard. your new drive should come with directions and worst case is you look on the HD manufacturer’s website for the info.

I knew I had to post this for a reason. :smiley:

Jinxxy, if you fuck yours up, then I will have someone come over and do mine. So let me know how it goes. :wink: :rofl:

A traditional IDE drive has a bit more setup than just plugging in the cables, but for the most part thats it. With regular IDE, assuming you have the jumpers setup correctly, you may have to make sure the BIOS on the computer is set to auto detect it. It is typically already set, but you never know. Just an FYI basically.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: LOL Will let you know if I get the balls up to do it myself…better do it while hubby is out of town…so if I blow it up he won’t be there for the aftermath, me cussing and throwing things (like the computer out the window) and then going out to buy a new machine before he comes home :rofl:

Thanks 77 for your help as well (I just don’t feel right calling you redneck since i’ve never met :D)

:love: you can call me whatever you want :naughty:

I’m pretty far from a redneck though. i’m just a skinny old pc nerd with a beat up truck. :slight_smile:

i’ll install any harddrive in any computer for a couple wild turkey’s (101)… :slight_smile:

but yeah… it’s not difficult.

Settle for something I already have in my bar? Name a few things. :smiley:

pics?

Yes there is the room. I already opend this up (remember when I bought the fire wire card that we didn’t need all because you restarted the system and didn’t install all the drivers (same as the NIC Card) ). Well when I was in there there was a shit load of room.

We can open it up when you get home before I go to work.

SO where you getting the money for this hard drive when you are supposed to be saving up for your car to get fixed? :nono:

:hitit: :spank: :bj: :69: :bukkake:

Credit card… I was going to talk to you about it later. You hopped online first.

The reason I made the post is because I want to make sure that the drive I want is compatible, BEFORE we buy it.

:doh: Whoopsie…thank goodness my hubby doesn’t even know what a “forum” is hahahahah He always asks “are you emailing your buddies?” LOL

:doh:

no

How else did you think we were buying it?

I guess it can wait.

you have a PM and we just discussed this a few days ago :doh:

Exp: 06/04/05 Comments(99) | Tell a Friend | AIM | Top

CompUSA has the Western Digital 160GB Hard Drive for $130 - $30MIR - $40MIR - $30MIR = $30. Order $150+ or select in store pick up to save on shipping. Thanks netsfan.

http://slickdeals.net/category/newdeals/#p6130

not the space you wanted, or speed…b ut price is right.

:slight_smile: