How do I go about

getting my New York state motorcycle license? I know it’s kind of a dumb question but I am new to the state. So I just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction on what I have to do. I have a regular license so how do I go for the motorcycle one?

any help would be appreciated thanx

A. get your permit take the msf

or B. buy a beater bike, get your permit… log a lot of miles… sign up for ur roadtest, take your roadtest and get your license

EITHER WAY YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DMV and get your permit… its a mindless 20 question test… cost is under 20 bucks if i recall, but its been a while

k thanx is the test something i should study for or is it just like the regular driver license test common sense stuff?

all common sense… just like the car one… i think there were only 2 motorcycle specific questions on it… besides if you fail your allowed to retake it right after you fail lol

sounds good thanx for the info, now once I get the permit what would be the best course of action to learning to drive motorcycles and getting my license. also how long b4 I can get the license?

u can get ur permit today and take ur test tommorrow if the spot is available… i recomend you take the msf… but it may be full this year already, it tends to fill up rather quickly. as for buying a bike… im not sure what your looking for but the road test which involves the typical use of turn signals and proper placement of your feet when you stop at a sign (one foot still on the brake lever) 2 left circles and 2 right circles, maybe a figure 8… and then basic demonstration of the NYS laws… it is much easier on a scooter than on a larger bike, but if your heart is set on a specific bike… go out buy it and take it easy… this has been covered on every forum known to man… nothin i can say is going to stop the guy who wants to buy a liter bike from doing so… so be safe and be smart… buy good gear, make sure you have health insurance

THIS TOPIC SHOULD HAVE A STICKY lol

MSF? Got any info on it maybe a link?

scratch I found the website, Could you tell me how much the MSF will run me?

I just took my road test, it was rather simple.

last year, i thought it was around 300 bucks. it should say on the website

ridewithpride.net or something like that… learn2ride.net or .com… not sure… i think its 275 now… well worth it… 10% off insurance and 4 point reduction if u have tickets