Motorcycle road test.

Who has taken it?

Also what is invovled? What should I know? Anything I need to practice and what do they look for you to fuck up?

Thanks,

Don :slight_smile:

just think 8 and 0

i took it, it was simple i used a suzuki 800, couple of figure 8’s, stoppping etc… if i can pass anyone can.

pretty sure if u take the msf course you end with getting your license.

In the MSF course you take your test and then go to DMV and get the license.

If you take it on your own, find a small bike. I probably wouldn’t pass on my Harley…lol

+1 Take the Ride with Pride course.

Everythings included and you get your license at the end. Plus you learn how to properly ride and control a motorcycle. I also think you get a discount on insurance.

+1

I plan on taking the Motorcycle safety course for sure. I just don’t feel comfortable riding without my license. So regardless I will take the course. I think the wait time is long. Thanks guys.

X3 if I were to get mine this is how I would do it.

if i recall…you need to turn in a complete circle to the right twice, to the left twice, then a figure 8…be able to turn around in a street without hitting the curb and be able to stop smoothly

i am going to get mine too

Oh, and don’t fall over. Instant fail…lol

the signup for the MSF is a long wait… if you didnt sign up yet… you most likely will be waiting until next year… as for the test… things that can equal points against you on it

• Obviously use your signals… obviously look both ways like in a car
  • Come to Complete stops
  • when the time comes to practice the slow turns… i have a couple tips for them if you wanna meet up or something, but on a little bike they should be a non-issue
    -If you put your foot down doing turns
    -When you come to a stop make sure you are in first before you stop
    -They want you to keep your right foot on the brake even when you stop (hence why you need to stay in first gear unless you have mad balance skills)
    -the make you do 2 left circles and 2 right circles… (not certain about a figure 8)
    (contrary to belief, if you hit the curb… you dont fail lol… maybe she was just less strict… but im sure he got docked points for a curb bump… foot drag… but it was a very slick move)

Like i said… if you sign up… let me know when and ill take you to it (cuz u need somebody with a license, a licensed and insured car… and you need a bike with a license and inspection… JAYS g/fs rebel would be IDEAL to pass that test on, u mentioned newmans cb… that would work well also)

Ieatpaint took it less than 2 years ago… hed remember better than I would, I have a different memory from that day than he does :lol:

hes getting andys gsf i think…thats the perfect bike for this anyways

it may not sound too bad, but on a bigger bike, or any Harley, it’s damn near impossible…some Harley’s dont even have the turning radius to make a complete circle on a sidestreet without hitting a curb…

i took the defensive motorcycle course thingie in hamburg, was like $250 or $300…friday/saturday/sunday deal, friday mostly classroom junk, saturday was a little classroom and all day on the 250cc little bikes they provided for you, and sunday was written test, more practice outside, and road test…no figure 8’s or complete circles from what i remember, just slow riding stability, and a few fast braking control situations…but honestly, once you pay the money for the course, they’re going to do everything they can to pass you…

and on top of all that, you get a 10% cut on insurance for 3 years…not just motorcycle insurance, but insurance on a whole…so after 1 year, it pays for itself…

i had never ridden a motorcycle in my life before taking the course, this was before i got the Z too, so i didn’t even have the slightest clue on how a clutch worked, never had shifted anything in my life…and went from completely cluelessness to complete confidence and ability to pass the test in just those 2 days of riding in a parking lot…

I took mine when I was 18, but sounds like it hasn’t changed.

Show up on your bike, with a car and someone with their motorcycle license at the wheel of the car. They end up being the chauffeur for the DMV guy. Bring someone who won’t drive like an ass, because you don’t want the tester pissed off.

Tester tells you how to get to some little side street and instructs you to pull over and wait there. You go, he follows along watching. You pull over, he gets out, you do 2 right circles, 2 left circles, and 2 figure 8’s. Put your foot down, fail. He tells you how to get back to the start, watches more of your riding, then gives you a grade. I passed on my first try, only lost a couple points because I didn’t park in the designated parking area when I got back.

lol. my bike would not be a good one to use. You can’t hit the rear brake without taking your foot off the peg. Among other things.

looks like everyone gave you a good heads up already. figure 8s are the biggest thing, take a bike with a good turning radius. when i went to take mine i was going to take my gixxer at the time, but after riding my buddys 500 ninja, i took that because it made doing figure 8s on a side street wayyyyyyyyyyyyy easier because of its better turning radius. good luck and let me know when you get it, i wanna ride on the back with you, you big burly man beast :slight_smile:

Polacks need not apply :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. :cry: I wanted to cruz with you to Herberts house, he knows what us boys like :frowning: