best place to get your motorcycle licence

so i made a apt. at troy to get my road test this morning i showed up and the guy busted my balls because my new regi sticker wasent on my car and didnt let me take the test… this is very aggravating… im thinking im gonna go to scoharie (spelling?) anyone have any input on where they went and had a pleasant experience seems like these state workers are a bunch of ass clowns

Took mine up in Ballston Spa, seemed legit and was easy. Every place is going to check the car to make sure its legit, if you have proof its registered and up to date no reason they should have stopped you.

yea this guy off the back was a legit asshole my buddy pulled up before me on the his bike and the guy screamed at him for not knowing where to park…

…they didnt let you take the test…because your CAR didnt have a reg sticker??? Did you tell him “didnt know this was the fucking car road test faggit”

wow, i got mine the 9th of next month, hopefully there not pricks… i have an expired inspection too, prolly should get a new one lol…

If I ride there with someone with an actual motorcycle license is that ok?

you have to go there with someone who holds a valid M lic in a car or truck NOT a bike. Becasue technically your not suposed to ride with a permit unless someone with an M is with you and the test guy needs to bum a ride to follow behind ya.

wait so i cant ride my bike there with someone who has a valid class m license?

and they follow you on your motorcycle in YOUR car? lol…

You can ride there as long as the driver in the car going with you has a DM license. Car needs to be legit, reg and inspection.

I just took the Basic Rider Course At Hvcc. Had a lot of fun. Got to beat on their bikes and learned alot of tips and tricks. Worth every penny

i think the the hvcc course is a waste of time and money they treat you as you have never seen a bike before ( well thats what ive heard from alot of people) if you can ride a bike just go take the road test… or if u want a course take the advanced course at hvcc

hvcc was a complete waste of money. i took mine when i was in hs with a friend and i wouldn’t recommend it unless you’ve never seen a motorcycle before. i had been riding for 2 years when i took my class and felt like i just threw my money away, in hindsight i should have just took the road test.

$300-400 just so you dont have to take a 5 minute test lol…naaahhhhh, im good lol

That. I am surprised people who already knows how to ride and planning on doing this easy 5 mins test did not already know about how taking the test works.

I got my license via MSF cause I am a pussy, but I would definitely recommend it. :rofl

Msf rules. Fuck off and beat on their shit, bs with the instructors, leave with a 15 percent discount on your bike AND car insurance. Yeah so what is easy. It pays for itself

Yep. Exactly. I had more fun taking that course. Had really cool instructors and got to try all different bikes

You ride the bike there with your permit, while your buddy who has a M lic drives a car. Dude that tests ya rides in your buddys car and follows you.

I failed mine becasue the guy testing me was about 75 years old, didnt know a KTM 625SMC was a 100% stock and factory legal road bike… he said it was a dirt bike when he walked up and was about to not even test me. He proceeded to yell at my uncle in the car telling him he was following too close to me and to slow down. I didnt get out of lugging 2nd gear, 20mph I might have hit and I sat at stops for 10 seconds while my uncle caught up. I failed becasue he said I failed to yield to traffic. As I approached an intersection, a TWC guy was JUST closing the door to the TWC van parked a few cars down from the intersection. I stopped, went through the intersection. My uncle came to the intersection JUST as the van was crossing… old cock bag said I did perfect, except for failing to yield to traffic and it was an instant fail. total bullshit, my uncle went off on him, I did too… nothing I could do.

Still dont have a lic… not even a permit. fuck this state. I have been pulled over only 3 times, and got a driving outa class as a warning for the wheelie I did infront of the cop and thats it. Ill continue riding durdy.

Save a lot of headache and watch people ride poorly. I enjoyed it. Saw an old dude wipe out into a tree, watched a chick drop a bike at a slow speed.:lol
She still passed.

My gf dropped a bike when we were taking the course. She passed her evaluation tho so she got her lisence

2 people in my class (both girls) wrecked, and they still passed. one girl wrecked twice

It all depends on how u do In ur evaluation at the end. You can drop it durring instruction if need be

BS, they pass everyone at least in my class they did. My buddy couldn’t do a figure 8 to save his life, one girl dropped the bike during the test, everyone in my class passed

Fwiw this was about 8-9 years ago when I took mine