Motorcycle Road Test

What do I need to be prepared to do at this. Got a date for next Friday.

Couldn’t get into a Motorcycle Safety Course when I wanted so I’m going to just take a road test before I take the course.

Basically be able to do the slow-speed moves and the figure 8; those are the toughest parts. Other than that, just follow every rule of the road.

And so what if you didn’t get in when you wanted too… why are you taking the road test early? Just ride on a permit, I did for 2 years with no problems.

good luck. from what i heard its not fun but others on here would know a lot better.

Well, the whole riding on a permit thing is well and good, but id rather not risk it.

I didn’t want to wait for the MSF paperwork so after I passed the MSF course I took a road test.

You get directions from the instructor who follows you in the passenger seat of the car that came with you. “Turn here, here, and here. Then pull over and wait.”

He then gets out of the car and instructs you to do 2 left hand circles, 2 right hand circles, and 2 figure eights. All on an empty side street, without putting your foot down.

:word: that about sums it up. Practice your figure 8s on a slim 2 lane road and youre good.

just get a moped for ur road test, do those even count as a “bike” to use on ur roadtest?

Yea, and I recommend not taking a sport bike if at all possible. The 2 times I took it and failed it both due to taking a sportbike and the lady (same chick both times) being a complete bitch and her basically taking me on a road that was almost impossible to do the figure 8s, and u’s on… it was barely 2 lanes, and was so crowned the middle of the road was probably 2+ feet higher than the edges.

And I followed her after I took my test when she was doing the next one (He came with a cruiser) and she took him onto a flat 2-3 lane road for his stuff…

crash and burn

Im gonna steal the girlfriends honda rebel 250 for the road test. The R6 would suck for that.

ryan took it on the r6 and passed… let him post up about it… lol

Damn, I guess I need to man up…

my buddy took his on his 05 R6 with no problems. This kid never rode a bike, went out and got a brand new r6 and took his test.

dont be dumb… if you have a 250 rebel at your disposal take it on it… make sure its all legit though, reg, insurance, permit and a licensed rider with a LEGIT car too

Got all that covered. Just need to find out when the inspection is up on it. You know butch didnt stay on top of that!

I never put it on the road… :smiley: Besides, my Harley expired beginning of last season! Still out of date… lol

how much does it cost to get a permit

i took my road test on a on/off road xt350 it was like riding a dirtbike, it was my friends, they checked my lights and brakes took me 5 mins. left left let, pull over and wait. pulled over told me 2 circiles each way a figure 8 each way then pull over. did that and was gone.

when I was in the car for my friend bob’s road test, the lady told me “I think as soon as a mans butt touches the seat of a motorcycle, his brains turn to mush.”

she sucked, but he passed anyway

if you need someone with you I have a bike license (you have to have a licensed rider in a car to drive the person around)