how do i make a christmas tree out of packing peanuts?

i want a new job…bad. its just hard to find something that will be flexible.

EDIT: previous post edited with picture that works

U need another bag on top to complete the tree look.

That took 45 min?

Keep your job.

:wink:

that was 45 min trying to work in between waiting on customers. if i could have worked stright though, it prob would have taken about 20 min mayb. also, what u DONT see is the 3 cut up boxes and 2 mailing tubes and a shitload of tape underneath. its not done, i need about 5 or 6 more bags to finish it.

Well you should say that lol

Otherwise its kind of funny. :shrug:

lol 45min for that.

for anyone who cares, the basic plan for the ‘tree’ is this:

i started by taking 2 3’ mailing tubes, and fitting them together to from one long one (i cut it down to about 5’). i then used a shitload of tape to afix the tube to a roughly 2’ by 2’ scrap of cardboard, and then cut more cardboard and taped it to the tube to form ‘branches.’ i then used tape, sticky side out, to attatch the bags of peanuts to the cardboard ‘branches’ and also to each other. the thing is really solid, and i can pick it up and move it around without anything falling off or even moving at all, really. i have to admit though, this has got to be dumbest thing ive ever had to do at any job ive had.

did you even eat any peanuts?

what UPS do you work at?

no

the one in the Plaza on the corner or Sheridan and Sweethome

shakes head thank god i never have to do anything like that at my store(delaware rd + sheridan)

I’d be totally excited at the prospect of doing something as silly as that. But so far all I’m seeing is a lot of weaksauce.

This is what you do:

-Box for the base/stand,
-Unfold another box for a circular base
-Cut a hole in the circular base and stick 6ft cardboard tube in it.
-Using packing tape, sticky side out make a general tree shape
-Open every bag of packing peanuts
-Dump every last peanut on the top/sides/whatever, save one bag.
-Walk up to your manager with the open bag
-Toss the rest on him saying “Look, it’s snowing!”
-Then skip out the door singing Christmas carols, and find a new job

step 1: walk into boss’s office

step 2: open all of his drawers

step 3: open bags of peanuts

step 4: empty bags into said open drawers

step 5: fill the rest of the room with peanuts

step 6: leave a merry christmas card taped to his door and close it

fin

+1

do this to his office and quit

http://media3.guzer.com/pictures/cubicle_joke.jpg

he doesnt have an office…so id have to do it to the whole store. not a bad idea though. i am trying to find a new job, because this one sucks. i jsut got my check for 2 weeks and it was for $120. i dont think too many people really understand how piss poor i am. the only reason im still there is its hard to find another job thats flexible enough with my school schedule, and this time of year, everyone is hiring for holliday help.

so i finally quit today, it went a little something like this:

boss: we need to talk about whats going on with your availability here, 2 days??
me: yeah, thats my availability from now on
boss: what are you doing now?
me: thats just my availability, what i do on my personal time off is irrelevant
boss: well i want you to tell me
me: no. heres my shirt, my keys, im done
boss: dont ever come back here EVER again!
me: ok, why would i want to come back to a shitty minimum wage job like this?

so my friend who works there just called me and said my now ex-boss went psycho and threw my christmas tree out the front door and destroyed it outside on the sidewalk while yelling and screaming about me quitting. and now theres green leanuts all over the place. kinda cool, actually. o well its his own fault, maybe if he paid better, didnt treat his employees like total shit and actually had a clue as to how to run a bussiness, i would still be there. but probably not.

guy sounds like a fucking cry baby.

But most people that manage min. wage jobs for a living pulling in a staggering 23,xxx a year are pretty unhappy with their accomplishments in life.

twat i was going to say :tup:

(lets ream)

:tup: